Am I weak or what?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TWF, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Look at me: education, food, clothes, house, loving family. -Contemplating suicide

Look at the kid in Sierra Leone: Dead parents, one roof shack, can't read, no food barely water. -Fighting to live

Argh! I feel so pathetic. Ok I'm not the richest, my mom is a single mom and we get 15k yearly for a family of 6... But thats so much better than than alot of people.

I only have to deal with being laughed at, SA, having no friends, hating the modern world. Nothing big.

Is I weak? Seriously.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're not weak. Just because your problems aren't the same as people in other countries doesn't mean they're less important. And to be honest, it sounds like you're dealing with a LOT. :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No not weak at all sad lonely but not weak. Talking about things does help I hope you have a teacher or coucillor you can talk with. You are strong reaching out here even for support take care.

4. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, been there:

I asked my therapist: "why is it that even though I live in a prestigious neighborhood, with a wonderful family, I'm looking forward to obtaining an AS Degree, I'm doing very well in school, I never smoked, I never drank, never taken drugs, every one who knows me, loves me dearly, transportation is luxury, and I'm financially stable, but yet, I prayed every night that I die in my sleep of some natural causes. I want to die but.......... Read more: http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=73216

5. kemistry

kemistry Well-Known Member

Life is a bumpy journey, so everyone has his or her own up and down moments. What really matter is will you give in, or will you continue on?

I'd like to echo WildCherry's words again..

Remember, you don't have to be brave all the time. At moments like this, allow yourself to slow down, to recharge, take your time, talk to friends, or us here on SF :)

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't think your weak!! There are alot of people who think this world sucks and we were born into the wrong generation.. I do think it sounds like you have to much free time on your hands.. Have you thought about doing volunteer work?? It will open your eyes to how bad people have it and how gratefull they are towards you for helping..Try an ALF (adult living facility) You can learn alot from the senior citizens there.. They have seen alot in there lifetimes and will probably have some good stories to tell..Just remember you are not weak and we are here for you!!!

7. PBandJ

PBandJ Member

I feel weak too... I've always had really supportive parents but I keep betraying them. I'm a failure as a student and a burden around the house. But my parents are trying so hard... what the F is my problem? =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.