Am I wrong to be this way?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ocarina of Time, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time Active Member

I really can't stand anything anymore. Most people now are just completely horrible and heartless. They're so uncaring, ignorant, and selfish. All most people ever care about in another person is looks, sex, or money. No one thinks anymore. No one thinks how their actions can affect others. I have begun to simply hate everyone and everything. I hate liars, cheaters, and hypocrites. I hate idiocy, cruelness, and situations that strain the advancements of the human race. Yet people see my views as evil. The thing that makes me feel hopeless is that there's nothing I can do to change anything! I don't see any meaning! Every time I'm about to be ”happy” or try to fix things someone else comes and ruins it. My voice is the one that's not heard and the people I know don't seem to care. I just want to give up.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Nope, not at all...most of what you said, I find to be more accurate as the days go by. People I thought would never betray me have done just that...sometimes people can put on a really convincing other face. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with people like this, and it seems too prevalent nowadays, to be fake and hateful...I don't know why this is. You should do what you want in life, even if other people disrespect you or try to hold you back. Do things that you enjoy and not let others put you down. You are better than anyone who tries to hurt you, so don't let them get to you.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, I'm tired of everyone and their bs. People don't think anymore, aren't polite or caring.

But now what I do is find good things. I find good news about rescued people or animals. Or organizations that are helping the poor, example in europe (it's coming over here too) they have coffee in waiting, and it's people who buy an extra coffee for when I homeless person comes it and can't afford it. I surround myself with these things and I find I feel a bit better...I give my seat to someone in the need, I smile at people and I thank them whoever they are, wether they are the bus driver, the clerk, or someone who opened the door to me...

I so understand what your feeling though...I so feel the same way and it's easy to only see the negative because there are so many...but I do things and don't care if no one is doing it, I'm hopeful that by being kind, it will be contagious.

but for a few days, I was in raged by a lot of things...
  4. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

yes you are not imagining it, most people hate what is good.

But there is some out there that is still good, so don't give up. In the end all those people that stood in your way will be punished for it, and those that stood up for you will be praised.
  5. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

So sad...but you are damn right...
    I also HATE the humanity that everything is so "perfect" , I want to become an animal
  6. ShockHouse

ShockHouse Member

Humanity is capable of so much good and so much evil. Sadly like you said the world seems to be going the latter way. I guess what I do, like many posts mentioned above do is to take my part in keeping the good. I try to do the best i can to be good to others, hoping they return it to another. I think that is what we have to do, do what good we can and hope it makes a difference, if it ends up not changing much it'll change us since we tried. So keep that good going man! and who knows maybe all our little deeds will make a difference, and if not at least we are all trying. That is a good deed in and of itself with its own kind of reward.
  7. fallenangel

fallenangel Member

dear all,

i empathize with all of you regarding how cruel and cold hearted people living in this world can be. and it is because of this lack of love within individuals that trans-passes each and everyone of us.
    its like a ripple effect... for every cause there will be a reaction, and like it or not - our actions does have its consequences...

but i would like to encourage us all not to be haters of this society...
    i understand that we are all from different backgrounds, circumstances, and beliefs... but allow me to share with you a bible verse which states God's greatest commandments for us all...

Matthew 22:36-40
    New International Version (NIV)
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
    37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

if we all loved our neighbors like ourselves... would we even transgressing upon one another? but the very fact that society is made up of humans, and man is sinful by nature... that is why we fail to be loving creatures.

well if you are asking me, are all Christians really that loving? i'll say no. in fact, the church is where you will find a lot of broken people seeking for love. God's love. and when we entrust ourselves in people, and when people fail, that is where our lives crumble and fall...

so if you ask me, when is it so that the world is so cruel today.
    yes its true some will befriend other just purely for benefits. sex. monetary. superficial relationships to benefit one's career advancement. etc... the list goes on and on... and it is because of that selfishness, personal desire that brings about such behaviors.

but does it mean we have to succumb to hating them? does it mean we have to treat our own life unfairly by taking upon our own lives? i believe not.

we can be in this world, but not of this world... we have identified how people can be so horrible to one another, and we can choose not to do so. we can choose to love our neighbors and be nice to them in a metaphoric or even a literal sense.
    we can be different in a positive way and choose to promote life and breath life in a different way...

i hope i did not offend any one with my sharing, as i come sincerely hoping that each and everyone of us here will be uplifted.
    i believe in a God above us all whom have seen me through circumstances. and i am not forcing my thoughts upon any one of us. but i do want to encourage each and everyone of us through my perspective... have a blessed day all..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.