Am i wrong to feel like this

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by hiddenscars86, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiddenscars86

hiddenscars86 New Member

I was raped just over a year ago by my ex Fiancé. And just in these last few weeks I've been getting horrible flashbacks and its constantly on my mind. When it happened i didn't want to believe it as he is my babies dad, so i pretended it hadn't happened. But now i realize what he did was wrong n i went to the police and they said they couldn't do anything as there was no physical evidence left. I feel so dirty n guilty that i let him get away with it. What if he does it to somebody else? Am i wrong to feel like this after a year? Should i have got over it by now? Please i really need to know.

2. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

No you are not wrong to feel like this. It is normal unfortunately. :( I am sorry you went through that. It is tough, but you survived. Maybe counselling might help? Hang in there and send me a message anytime. I understand what you are going through

3. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

what ever your feeling is normal for you who is to say what you can feel and when, just want to tell, you that what is done is done, and you are not responsible for everyone, else, and even if you went to the cops there is no guarantee that he would not do it again even if he was charge, you are taking to much responsiblity you cannot control someones else actions, you cannot control the past or change, it all you can do is focus on your children, and the future, the future you can change not the past. So I give you the gift of choice, and choose to be happy without guilt, there is no reason to feel guilty. You did not make him do what he did so stop acting like it.

4. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

It's times like these that I'm ashamed to be a man.

I'm sad that the Police failed you, which is down to the pathetic crown prosecution service that will only take things to court if they are guaranteed a conviction.

Hope you are feeling ok and that you will come through this.

Take care

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.