1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amalgamated Stickies .. UPDATED 12th Jan 06

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by allofme, Sep 22, 2004.

1. furiaedesu06

furiaedesu06 Well-Known Member

Re: Healing Books

I've heard of a book called Flowers in the Attic. I have yet to find and read it, but everyone I know who's read it says that it's really insparational!

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Re: Coping with Flashbacks

Hmm not yet.. I will look around though. But for now there is this post that Cindy made a while ago :

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=798

3. rab

rab Guest

Re: i love my abuser - why part one

WOW THATS ALOT OF TEXT But i read it all! :weee: Very good story. READ IT

4. TinkerLoop

TinkerLoop Well-Known Member

i have amazingly read all the last 3 i dunno how i did that maybe i wasnt as bad then as i am now lucky was the hardest for me tho

CAN I ADVISE FEEL THE THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY BY SUSAN JEFFERS ALWAYS A GOOD BK MY TUTOR ADVISED IT TO ME ok i never finished it but it helped a little

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  5. TinkerLoop

TinkerLoop Well-Known Member

the alchemist is cool to by paulo coelho

6. Re: Healing Books

The Alchemist :eek: Glad that got a mention, it's a great book, it's one of my favourites :D

7. Re: i love my abuser - why part one

Read it to about 1/2 way. Started crying. Rung a lot of bells. I don't know if I'll ever be able to talk about it all. I'd like to try - but not sure I can to a vast audience - as much as I love all you people.
    XX

8. Re: Healing Books

Thanks for the reccomendations:smile: I've recently purchased "I can't get over it:A handbook for trauma survivors. Waiting for it to arrive from amazon

Also thought i'd mention the other one i ordered "Telling:A memoir of rape and recovery" - Patricia Weaver Fransisco

Glad Lucky and A child called it got a mention. Found them both very inspirational

9. BligBlog

BligBlog Guest

I fear reading this. Not for the length but for the looking truth in the face possibility. In sharing with another of the SA and the family reaction to it, I was asked if I was aware of such a syndrome. Upon confessing I was not, it was explained to me. I thought surely this person is mad as my attacker was no stranger. I don't know if I should read this.

10. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I read it, read the whole thread as a matter of fact... and my only reaction is, "oh god.... oh god.... oh god this explains so much....." it honestly does..... :badday: everything - it makes so much more sense now... :blue:

TDM

11. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

ummm I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do.

this may be, but it may not. I just don't know.

I am so confused.

thanks for this hun. it's very caring of you to post this.

xxxxxxxxxx

12. tilly

tilly Member

Wow..... I was in this situation 30 years ago. I have spent all this time thinking I was sick in the head because of my feelings about my violent partner. My parents continued to attack me about my "pathetic sickness" untill recently when I cut them out of my life. They used my staying with this guy as a weapon against me and said it proved I was crazy....I feel stunned. I really felt that I was mentally disturbed in this regard. No one wants to be bashed senseless. I couldn't work out why I couldn't leave. I had no confidence. I was 16. Thank you. I'm going off to have a good cry

13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

interesting, i found myself realising i feel like i've been in a concentration camp. i don't know if i fit in with all of that but, the person in question, actually made a satire that he was part of a cult, and i was a spying fascist- he found my pain that funny, and after i screamed raped, he called me his sweet little girl.

14. IdontMatter111

IdontMatter111 meh..............just meh

Thank you very much for this thread it has been useful.... :)