Amalgamated Stickies .. UPDATED 12th Jan 06

furiaedesu06

Re: Healing Books

I've heard of a book called Flowers in the Attic. I have yet to find and read it, but everyone I know who's read it says that it's really insparational!

Re: i love my abuser - why part one

WOW THATS ALOT OF TEXT But i read it all! :weee: Very good story. READ IT

TinkerLoop

i have amazingly read all the last 3 i dunno how i did that maybe i wasnt as bad then as i am now lucky was the hardest for me tho

CAN I ADVISE FEEL THE THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY BY SUSAN JEFFERS ALWAYS A GOOD BK MY TUTOR ADVISED IT TO ME ok i never finished it but it helped a little

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Twinkle*star*

The Alchemist :eek: Glad that got a mention, it's a great book, it's one of my favourites :D

S

SteakAndChips

Re: i love my abuser - why part one

Read it to about 1/2 way. Started crying. Rung a lot of bells. I don't know if I'll ever be able to talk about it all. I'd like to try - but not sure I can to a vast audience - as much as I love all you people.
XX

S

solitary soul

Thanks for the reccomendations:smile: I've recently purchased "I can't get over it:A handbook for trauma survivors. Waiting for it to arrive from amazon

Also thought i'd mention the other one i ordered "Telling:A memoir of rape and recovery" - Patricia Weaver Fransisco

Glad Lucky and A child called it got a mention. Found them both very inspirational

B

BligBlog

I fear reading this. Not for the length but for the looking truth in the face possibility. In sharing with another of the SA and the family reaction to it, I was asked if I was aware of such a syndrome. Upon confessing I was not, it was explained to me. I thought surely this person is mad as my attacker was no stranger. I don't know if I should read this.

I read it, read the whole thread as a matter of fact... and my only reaction is, "oh god.... oh god.... oh god this explains so much....." it honestly does..... :badday: everything - it makes so much more sense now... :blue:

TDM

ummm I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do.

this may be, but it may not. I just don't know.

I am so confused.

thanks for this hun. it's very caring of you to post this.

xxxxxxxxxx

Wow..... I was in this situation 30 years ago. I have spent all this time thinking I was sick in the head because of my feelings about my violent partner. My parents continued to attack me about my "pathetic sickness" untill recently when I cut them out of my life. They used my staying with this guy as a weapon against me and said it proved I was crazy....I feel stunned. I really felt that I was mentally disturbed in this regard. No one wants to be bashed senseless. I couldn't work out why I couldn't leave. I had no confidence. I was 16. Thank you. I'm going off to have a good cry

plates

interesting, i found myself realising i feel like i've been in a concentration camp. i don't know if i fit in with all of that but, the person in question, actually made a satire that he was part of a cult, and i was a spying fascist- he found my pain that funny, and after i screamed raped, he called me his sweet little girl.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00