Amanda (Foxy Knoxy) Knox - Guilty or Innocent?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Twocky61, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Amada Knox has been retried & found guilty of murdering fellow student Meredith Kercher

Apparently Meredith died in a sex game that went wrong

Guilty or innocent?

2. Farandaway674

Farandaway674 Member

As an American I think she is guilty, honestly I don't think there are too many people who think she is innocent. That said the one thing this case taught me is that the Italian justice system is really weird that you can be convicted, then found innocent, then be found guilty again. I'd be very surprised if she spends a single day in jail going forward and I am not sure she should. Even though she is probably guilty once you let someone go, there gone, just my feeling as someone who was brought up with an American concept of justice, double jepordy and all that.

3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks for your input Farandaway

your comment "you can be convicted, then found innocent, then be found guilty again": Here in the uk the law was changed quite recently that if a defendent who is guilty is given, what is considered, to be a lenient sentence, the prosecution can appeal against the sentence & if the appeal is successful then the defendent would have an extension applied to their original sentence (also a defendent found innocent the prosecution can retry the defendent) - prior to that law change, only the defendent could appeal against his/her conviction and/or severity sentence he/she believed was excessive

Also I believe the Italian precedent may soon be legal in the uk, if it isn't already (guilty+innocent+guilty)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.