Ambien

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by dnE ehT, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

Does anyone else here have experience with this drug, and if so, were there any side effects?

I'm taking this now for my insomnia.

At first, 10mg made me dizzy within 20 minutes, then it began making me feel high (which caused me to nearly slice my finger off), now it doesn't seem to do anything, except I'm always tired during the daytime.

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Tough to get off of, I went through some pretty bad withdrawals.

3. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

I've heard that it's addictive. Is it like a craving that makes you want to have more and more, or is it just a feeling that you need to have it?

4. abcd

abcd Active Member

The first time I went off it, I had about 3 nights of terrible sleep (waking up often). The last time I tried to stop, it didn't get better after a few nights so I went back on it. I should try again, but I just hate not sleeping well.

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

yeah... I took Ambien for a few days and thats it. It actually made me hallucinate. I would lay in bed and it would seem like the walls were actually moving. Like they were liquid and rivery like... was not fun...

6. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

i took it for a few weeks, really had no problems with it, but my docs took me off of it because they thought i was abusing it

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Memory loss, blackouts and severe depression when coming off of it are just a few side effects that I have experienced. I know others that have the "high" feeling mentioned above, even at 5mg. I'm off of it now but still think that it has adversly affected my memory, both short and long-term.

OTC pm's like tylenol and advil work just fine for me and I'd stay away from ambien if possible unless it is just for a very short period or at very small doses.

8. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

If I take it and don't get a lot of sleep, I feel like shit during the day. It also made me hallucinate something wild when I first starting taking it, but not now.

I don't take it often though, cause like everyone on here said, I've heard it's addictive...and I can see how.

9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have terrible chronic insomnia and tried Ambien. I felt that "high" feeling but I did not sleep and could barely spell my name the next day. I have some Lunesta for emergencies like having gone with very little sleep for days but I do my best to practice sleep hygiene techniques.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm actually on this, I was prescribed this along with xanax, (although its called stilnoct here). Are you taking it at night only? And I agree with shades, memory loss is definitely one of the side effects, I don't have much recollection of the past few days , :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi bluegray, how does lunesta compare to ambien?

Reason I take sleeping pills now is to stop waking with a tight/numb chest,panic attacks, to relax me while sleeping.. am hoping you can share your experience with it :D :hug: .. miss chatting to you btw :arms: