America's future

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Will America still be around in another 100 years? They say empires are temporary.

2. ashtar

ashtar Well-Known Member

The america we knew (glorious shiny 50's america) is gone. The america today (mcdonalds, crime and wall street) will live on. It is not really america anymore. Its spread to the whole world... I know what has been killing america! Things like americas next top model and the jerry springer show! lol

3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Yes it will.
    Granted, you may not be a super power which some Americans equate to the size of their own dicks but you'll still be there and you'll be fine.

That said, quite how the United States compromises an Empire in and of itself is beyond my understanding.

4. jimmy88

jimmy88 Well-Known Member

The US isn't an empire, it's a constitutional democracy. It may have the global influence of an empire but it isn't ruled by anybody nor is it imperial in nature.

That said, I think the US will last hundreds of years. Between all the international alliances, pacts and treaties no one is going to attack America head on. The only way I can see this country failing is due to an economic or natural disaster.

5. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

Nope, all countries will unite in one big nation.

6. ashtar

ashtar Well-Known Member

Even though that sounds a little cheesy and too good to be true you are absolutely right! Europe is europe and not the single countries anymore. A while ago we took the car from germany to turkey and we didnt need to show our pasports even once!
    Do you think unity is a good or bad thing?

7. Romancer

depends if whoever will lead the one nation will be good or bad. what do you think?

8. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

That depends on how you're defining America, particularly as it is not an empire as of now and will not be such any time soon.

Personally I think it will retain influence and clout but will be caught up by the likes of China, Russia, India and a more united European group of nations.

9. ashtar

ashtar Well-Known Member

I think it will be a huge board of people... with only one speaker but he/she wont be the leader. This person will only be the congress leader.
    I think we will have a dictator! Someone who is super angry and is on meth.

10. Romancer

hehe, well history is always repeating, and since we already had dictators/leaders like i that, i wouldn't be too surprised if it happened again.

11. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

America does not exist in the time that I was made and came from - the world doesn't exist, actually.
    Everyone lives in space... and everyone is a sex robot. That is the future!

12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

100 years? I wouldn't be too surprised to find out nuclear war would take the world in 100 years. Hopefully we can have a colony on the moon when it happens so there'll be a heart wrenching scene where everyone on the moon realizes they're alone and are the only humans left.

13. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Well Lovecraft, that sounds like a great science fiction story, however grim :p

Personally, I think America will go the way of most other great powers - a slow but notable decline in influence and strength that won't necessarily be a bad thing, nor all that painful. Basically, other powers will rise relative to our own, but we won't necessarily collapse or be entirely out of the picture, just forced to share more with other nations.

I think the UK, France, and Japan make for a good precedent. These were once great powers, and though they've long since declined, they still remain prosperous and influential.

14. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

America is an empire in decline. There is no common ground holding it together, its identity has been so diluted that it does not know what it stands for.

The only reason it exists, for now, is its war chest and the small fact that most countries own so much American debt they can not afford to question its real worth.

This is very unfortunate but true.

15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I expect it won't matter in 100 years. I don't think there'll be any grand unification but goods and information (which is or will be the most important resource) will flow freely between all. Incomes across the globe will be more-or-less the same, and the US will be worth (World_Income_Per_Person)x(Population)/(Global_Population) (as a proportion of total global importance)

16. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

The greeks failed. So why not?

I don't have the arrogance that I assume we'll always be ok. Then again, I don't assume we'll fail because of single issues or because of something stupid like declining morals. That's like saying womans rights and civil rights and worker rights and education and gay rights are somehow bad things. I don't believe things like that will destroy us. More than likely, we won't know it's destroyed until IT IS. And people who experienced its collapse will probably never accept that it did or won't live long enough to know it.

I see any failure as being similar to what happened in soviet russia.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  17. johnnysays

Lol. Without a war to fight we don't have a lot of value. We've invested so much in defense and security matters.

Mark my words (or don't) if we continue to pump money into military while losing elsewhere, we WILL fail. I'm not against military, but spending money in the military is like the last thing a failed country does. It's like doing CPR to save a dying person.

That does NOT mean that putting money into military is the cause. It might be a symptom of failure.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  18. johnnysays

This is more likely than object failure in my opinion.

19. johnnysays

The start of a science fiction story I can see here. Just omit the sex part.

20. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

The fact that one of the older democracies has invested so much time and money on the military is quite comforting to me. I would hate to think that one of the less traditional countries could hold both the economic and military power.

We are probably heading that way but I hope that by then they will have a more established democratic political system. That’s my hope although Im not very optimistic. The number of population of some of theses countries will make this near impossible

Not wanting to sound like one of your ex presidents!… the bad guys can sometimes win and history can teach us a lot.

PS (The Romans had sewers and running water but in the middle ages these did not exist)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.