Amnesia of some sort

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HOW, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Heya, I was wondering what could have caused my amnesia. Its not that I cant remember anything, Im at uni and can remember quite a lot but if someone asks me what I did yesterday or had to eat yesterday I have no clue. If I think about it for a long time I can get a general idea of what happend in the past few days but Im not sure if what I think happened yesterday actually was yesterday and not the day before. I take Anti depressents, Cipralex, not sure what the UK name is. As a child I was slapped a lot and scared a lot, cant remember a lot of it, can this cause this sort of amnesia?
    Does anyone else have this problem? Im trying to get hope in my life, with a lot of work depression and other issues can be dealt with but is there anyway to solve this issue? Maybe I dont care about anything and thats why its not getting remembers?
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

This happens to me but I never thought of it as amnesia. I kept a notepad with me at work and kept a running log of the day. This way I could answer a lot of the simple questions about the day when I was asked by my boss or a co-worker.

As for answers, I suggest asking a doctor.
  3. skittles13

skittles13 Member

i have the same problem.

your memories of privious days seem to blur together. you cant tell what fragment is from what day?

the memories you DO get are like small pieces. and only by putting together what little pieces you have can you get that general picture of the days before?

what the pieces dont cover your pretty much stuck at guessing based on what information you have and what patterns you normally fallow?

sometimes you get lost in a conversation and realise that you remember very little of whats been said during it?

i could go on and on, but im guessing its the same with you as me.

I was just diagnosed with Dissociative Disorder NOS. and with all the similarities that may be whats happening to you as well.

its something that only gets worse with time. so getting yoruself checked out is probably a good idea.
  4. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

That´s exactly how I feel!

I´ve thought I could have some sort of dissociative disorder but it didnt quite fit the criteria, so maybe it is Dissociative Disorder NOS.

Do you also sometimes feel as if the world isnt real or that you question reality by asking yourself if something, that has just happened, actually did happen or if it was just a dream?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.