an accidental cut

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by BeingMe, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeingMe

BeingMe Well-Known Member

today i was sharpening my knife that i use to self harm, and as usual i just run it lightly across my skin to see if its sharp enough, usually it will leave a light mark or cut a little this time i went too fast it sliced through me like hot knife through butter.

yes my initial thought was well thats sharp, then i panicked as the blood soon came quickly in a high quantity, no first aid kit and no glue what did i do, first i washed the cut then i cleaned it up to the point i could control the blood coming out, then i grabbed some tissue and applied pressure, next came the parcel tape folded tissue until it was an inch think and applied to the cut, then wrapped the tape around and tadarrrrrr its complete and working, will need to be changed in an hour or so.

just thought id share this random experience

2. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

Oddly enough I did pretty much the exact same thing a few years ago. Only in my case the accidental cut was not too deep and instead of having to bandage the cut I just had a little nervous laugh about it and used a plaster to cover the cut.

After that I dont think I have ever "tested" how sharp something is by running it across my skin.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I like sharpening my knives too, but I just run my finger across the blade to test the sharpness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.