An addict reaching out for help

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by captnrage, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captnrage

captnrage Member

i am 22 days clean and sober and i am struggling right now i really want to go use but i know its not the solution. i just want to forget my pains for a little while. i got into recovery back in 2003 and stayed clean for almost 2 years before i relapsed. i stayed out for a year before i got the clue. now i am a newcomer again.i am trying to do things a little different this time however, and now i am struggling. i went to this site earlier and was honest about my feeling and they turned their backs on me, i got really pissed off because it was a NA site. i feel so bad, for having these cravings and that sux. i am new here and was happy to have the welcome that i recived. i am looking for ppl who understand where i am coming from.

thanks,
    Toni

2. another me

another me Guest

Hi Toni,

It does suck trying to change the things which have been your coping mechanisms and ways to unwind. Don't feel bad for having those feelings.

Different people are around at different times, and many of us irregularly... hope more people respond to you soon. I know I only see some posts, and I don't always have the words to respond with.

Good luck, Steph.

By the way, congrats on 22 days!

3. Richpit10

Richpit10 Well-Known Member

Hi Toni, welcome to the site! Although im not exactly an addict i have OCD and so i know something about feeling out of control and like im gonna sucumb to what my body is urging me to do, knowing its only going to lead to misery. I know you're probably looking for someone who has the same specific problems as you, but i just though id say hi and that im here if you wann atalk.

4. Hi Toni,
    You are doing a very courageous,strong thing in staying clean. wow!22 days, that's terrific. It's hard...i can't imagine 22 days! Keep going...that's the only thing there is to do!
    Take care

5. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

22 days is great, I hope you can keep yourself well through this hard time, I have been clean since Jan 11th.. have only went to 1 NA meeting, it was great but I am having a very hard time to get myself through those doors again... been skipping all my appointments and sleeping instead... guess its good that I am clean...
    I want to dedicate a song to you captnrage if you can find it or have it..
    I believe by Joe Satriani

6. captnrage

captnrage Member

Hey it me Toni,
    funny that I found this post, considering I wrote it over 3 years ago, I want to say to everyone that responded thank you y'all helped me alot. I didnt keep my clean time but I did get clean the following year I have over 2 years under my belt and its been a bumpy road its had its ups and downs but its been worth everything.
    Toni

7. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

just want to let you know that your not alone and well done for being clean. Listen the NA site is useless and its full of people who have totally forgotten what NA stands for. I suggest going to a meeting instead. You will find it a whole new experience and one that i hope you can gain strength from. My PM box is always open and just to let you know that thanks to the help of NA i have been clean for 18 months so dont give up on them yet. If you want to know a list of meetings in your area then let me know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.