an addiction.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by hatelife, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatelife

hatelife Active Member

is it normal to look at old scars and not feel shame?

This may sound strange but iv been on and off cutting in this last year. I always did it in places were i could hide it with clothing while not changing how i looked. But i look at the scars and feel some strange feeling but i know its not regret or shame.

But now occassionally i do see the shame so i keep trying to get rid of the scars just to end up creating new ones. its like an addiction i can stop no matter how many friends iv lost. its like i look at the freash cuts and see a sense of peace and control. my friends think i have stopped, but they just dont see anything.

sorry if this did not make sense.

2. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

..cutting in places where nobody else saw or where it wasn't obvious are the only ways i've ever done it...

...and..i guess sometimes i feel sad when i look at my leftovers...but at other times i feel good...because it's how i've decided to deal with my problems and i'm able to tell myself i'm making progress...

...i don't know what sort of help this will be...if any at all..

- Henry

3. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i look at my scars and i don´t feel shame at all. i know i´m wrong but everythime i see the scars all i want to do is to create a new one...and now i´m making creative ones i think i´m too crazy but i made two crosses and a star on my left arm. I look them ashamed when somebody sees them (like my boyfriend) who looks my scars with scorn. i don´t know if this will help you but i wanted to tell you that there´s somebody here who feels just like you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.