An appropriate gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I want to post a gift over to my cousin who is currently on suicide watch in the UK. I can't post aftershaves or liquids so aftershaves and cologne are out.
What should I get him? I want it to be an ''I care'' sort of present. I have not seen him in years, a long long time ago, but he's my flesh and blood and if is family isn't there for him who is,I gave his mom advice earlier which I think was good advice.She loves him and is very worried about him.

Anyway sorry for rambling on, what would be an appropriate gift?

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Does he like to read? How about a carefully chosen book? Something to distract him, to take him to another time and place. The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
A picture frame with a picture of family or a favorite pet or vacation spot? A book of humorous quotations? A journal and a nice pen?

I'm sure that he will appreciate any gift you choose...just to be thought of when is really at a low point. :arms:

Mr Stewart

Is he allowed outside food at the hospital? I know with my step father who is in nursing home due to MS, some ordered in take out food pretty much instantly makes his day. Send him a pizza? I don't even know if that's feasible. Just an idea. haha.

Slothbear

Food or something humorous... perhaps a book? It gets painfully boring and usually hospital food is only borderline edible. I would say music but i know sometimes they don't like people having electronics. Is he allowed to accept phone calls? Often times a good long chat is a good time waster and means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00