An appropriate gift

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I want to post a gift over to my cousin who is currently on suicide watch in the UK. I can't post aftershaves or liquids so aftershaves and cologne are out.
    What should I get him? I want it to be an ''I care'' sort of present. I have not seen him in years, a long long time ago, but he's my flesh and blood and if is family isn't there for him who is,I gave his mom advice earlier which I think was good advice.She loves him and is very worried about him.

Anyway sorry for rambling on, what would be an appropriate gift?
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Does he like to read? How about a carefully chosen book? Something to distract him, to take him to another time and place. The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

A picture frame with a picture of family or a favorite pet or vacation spot? A book of humorous quotations? A journal and a nice pen?

I'm sure that he will appreciate any gift you choose...just to be thought of when is really at a low point. :arms:
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Is he allowed outside food at the hospital? I know with my step father who is in nursing home due to MS, some ordered in take out food pretty much instantly makes his day. Send him a pizza? I don't even know if that's feasible. Just an idea. haha.
  5. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

Food or something humorous... perhaps a book? It gets painfully boring and usually hospital food is only borderline edible. I would say music but i know sometimes they don't like people having electronics. Is he allowed to accept phone calls? Often times a good long chat is a good time waster and means a lot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.