An embarrasing situation... Kinda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's the deal... This is a bit embarrasing and generally uncomfortable... But I need to talk about this to someone.

My girlfriend was visiting me this past weekend(we have a distance of about 400kms between us) and we were in intimate contact a few times. I had something that I identified as herpes on the corner of my mouth and it got in contact with her...you know, because we were kissing and engaging in things that granted that contact.
Now I'm afraid she has got herpes from me, even though with me(if I even have it) it's the oral infection which is a different thing from the STD, but still I have read a lot about how the oral infection can, when been put in contact with the partner's genital areas, transmit to the other person and manifest as something more serious...

This was a few days ago, as I said, my girlfriend has not been experiencing any kinds of symptoms. Makes me even more worried for some reason...

But still, this might just be my lips beign dry, since this lip balm has really helped out the sore, which might suggest it not beign herpes but.... I don't know, it worries me to death(I know, not a matter of life and death really but I'm afraid), since I wouldn't want to have my girl suffer because of me.

I apologize for a possibly very insignificant and confusing post and a waste of time...
But If anyone can shed some light on this issue, or knows something useful, I'd appreciate it... Thank you.

B

BeenThere

I have herpes as well (oral) and i no what you are feeling in regards to your girlfriend....my best advice is if you wanted to get intimate with her without waiting for the coldsore to go away is buying something called Lipaktin.It provides a sort of second skin that helps heal and protect the coldsore.Now i have used this and been intimate with no spreading of it to my girlfriend.I am not saying it is a final solution but it hasnt seemed to have spread to her yet so you may want to give it a try.

Thanks BeenThere, although I'm still not sure if this is herpes, since I haven't had anything like this before, and even if I have, it's been dry lips that have been ripped open by some mouth movement or such. And I live in finland, so that medicine is not sold here. Although I'm pretty sure I can find an equivalent, if I can get myself to do something.
And even if it is, transmission of it is not completely certain anyway right?

But still I wonder, is there a chance that if this truly is oral herpes, can it transmit and become a genital herpes on the one that it's transmitted to?

And I'm really more worried regarding the fact that it may have already spread to my girl and that's when you can't really do anything...

Just trying to get a few more questions answered, thanks a bunch BeenThere!

B

BeenThere

It can be transfered yes,but it is hard to do so i wouldnt worry about it too much :) Coldsores have a distinctive itchiness and burning to them as they form...not to mention the beggining of the blister itself is noticable.Chances are its just chapped lips but if i was you i would google coldsore and read up a bit about them.

B

BeenThere

As far as i can remember but tell you what let me look it up quick for you...then i will pm you what i have read.that ok?

bunny

Staff Alumni
if youre not sure what it is its probably best to see a dr about it to be sure, that way the dr can advise you on the best treatment and whether you should get your girlfriend to see someone too

Scum

if youre not sure what it is its probably best to see a dr about it to be sure, that way the dr can advise you on the best treatment and whether you should get your girlfriend to see someone too
I agree with this.

Anaemia can also show itself as cracks at the corner of the mouth etc.

I know you said it was sorted, but I just wanted to add that, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00