An idea - decision diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaveMeAlone

this might be a really dumb idea i haven't tried it, just thought of it, but i figure i'll share it see what you think.

So the idea is you get a diary and everytime you feel strongly one way or the other you write in it either

I want to die

or

I want to live

and then when you're thinking about suicide, hopefully when you look back in th diary there will be lots more "I want to live"s and even if you can't remember feeling good, you'll know that you do and will do again.

What do you think, would it work?

Surely though, if you're here, you're feeling low, or suicidal, and there are gonna be more 'I am feeling low / suicidal / like I want to die' entries, rather than 'I am feeling positive' ones?

I don't think it would work for me. I already keep a diary/journal and it doesn't help in making me feel that much better. But, each to their own.

chasing_dreams

I think i might try that. I know that there are times when i feel happy, and at the worst times i find it hard to remember them, or to think that it will happen again. Maybe I'll just keep a diary during those good times - every time something good has happened in the day, I'll write about it before I go to sleep. The smallest things that have made me smile, because i know that they are the last thing on my mind when things are bad. Maybe it will give me a bit of hope

Thank you

I don't think it is an entirely bad idea. Maybe in with the I want to live times, or the I feel good times, why don't you include the times you have done the same for someone else. Or maybe helped them solve a problem. Volunteered time in your community. Talked to someone until they felt a little better. Anything positive you can think of. It will show you just how worthy you really are. Just an idea.

chasing_dreams

definitely don't need any help remembering the bad times. but when i feel bad that's all that's in my mind

that's why i think this is such a good idea. keep a note of the good times, however small (usually they are), and when i feel bad i can look back at them and hopefully it'll make me think about the things that are worth living for

you made me smile tonight thinking about this - thanks. i really think it might help. if i write down the things i have to live for when i'm feeling as if life's worth living maybe it'll be a good reminder when i don't want to go on

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00