An introduction...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ninjachef, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjachef

Ninjachef Member

Hello everyone....

Well I am joining the community here for several reasons... First and foremost, I really need the support of others who are empathetic to what I am going through. Second, it is my sincere hope that I can provide strength and find strength in others. Lastly, I hope I can find a place where I can fit in free from judgment and ridicule. Without getting to personal it is fair to say that in my line of work I am often expected to provide help versus need it. I am a mental health counselor. Truth is however, I am severely bipolar and I have a hard time mitigating the impact this has on my outlook and life through medication, education, or any other means. I waiver between wanting to live and wanting to die... I am often withdrawn and reclusive. I lost my father recently and that has been a catalyst for a plummeting downward spiral emotionally, physically, and spiritually. At this point in time, I am here out of sheer self preservation. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am very glad you found us. Welcome to our community. I believe you will find us to be very good and empathetic listeners and on occasion we have pretty good advice in dealing with situations or coping with problems as they arise. You are facing a number of challenges right now and it may be possible (or likely) you are on a downward swing or low in the bipolar cycle which is not ever a good situation when combined with other problems. Thank you fo rreaching out to us and know we are here to listen to you and support you.

Take Care and Be Safe

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm so glad you found us. Hi, and welcome!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Ninjachef everyone needs some support at times I am glad too you are reaching out for help. I am sorry that you lost your father hun and hope you can reach out for counseling if need be to help you deal with his loss. Welcome to SF hugs
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi ninjachef, welcome to SF. You are bound to find great support here, and also to help lots of people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.