An Opponent's Viewpoint on Assisted Suicide

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by tasha1011, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasha1011

tasha1011 New Member

2. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

3. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

I totally support assisted suicide, cause i didn't want this life, i didn't want to have to be myself, all i want is to leave this life.
    A lot of people feel the same like me and are trapped in these bodies you got at birth and you can't get rid of easily.

4. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

The assisted suicide law here in oregon can only be used for the terminally ill. You can understand that even though more than 50% support it, there're a lot who don't. Because of that and for other reasons they have a high standard they have to meet to justify its use.

But I "kind" of agree. If someone is going to kill themselves anyway, it would be better if they could do it in a more dignified way that's not as sloppy. Here is a man who supports assisted suicide for non-terminal illness:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian

I don't have a strong opinion yet on non-terminal illness and assisted suicide. I do not believe the state will ever sanction its use in an unmoderated way. They may expand its use, though. I just don't think any odd person should be able to get suicide assistance. On the other hand, if a person calls 911 and says they're going to kill themselves and want to know of a painless way to do it, what should the dispatcher say? That would be hard because some of them will mean it. Some won't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  5. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

You may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.