An unorthodox method?...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Convergence, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Convergence

Convergence Guest

I was trying this I guess when I was away just recently...

You know how you lay down, and get up fast, your vision goes black, and you feel weak and it's hard to stand?

I had this bag of chips I had bought...and after I finished them off, I had put it over my mouth, and breathed in and out. Lack of oxygen...well, I needed to get up after doing this after a little while, and I fell down almost instantly as I got up.

I believe self harm is only self harm if the action is with intent to harm yourself for reasons that you're conscious of.

But this, what I'm asking, is if this is a method anyone's ever heard of.

I guess I thought about it...if you do this, you can really get hurt.

2. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

i would could that as self harm personally, because it is harming to your body. but that is just me.. i mean, it doesn't leave marks, but it's definitely not good for you. i have never heard of doing it this way, but i have heard of the "game" where youth start to strangle/hang themselves to get the light feeling that comes from lack of oxygen.
    there have been many children that die playing this game because they don't give themselves enough oxygen. and tht is the last "game" that they ever play. so though the method isn't exactly the same, you're doing the same thing. it's also basically the same thing as hanging yourself... i definitely count it self harm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.