And it had been over a year, too...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Doodle, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

I'm so disappointed in myself. After over a full year since I had last self-harmed, I go and do it to myself again.

This happened a few weeks ago and I'm just still disappointed in myself over it. It was like I didn't even want to stop myself after fighting for so long. Ugh. I shouldn't have even let myself get that far...

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Life can be tough but you managed to stop yourself. That is something to be proud of and do not think anything else. You are important to us. Yes, it's tough at the moment but we can start all over again. Do not think you are a failure or doubt yourself. People have relapses but you can do it again.
  3. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

More than a year is great, there is slip ups and they suck. I know when I slip up I feel horrible and confused. You stopped once before you can do it again keep fighting :)
  4. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. ^-^
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

What has caused you to want to harm you again did something trigger you Like said it was an old coping skill you used before and stopped You relapsed once I hope you can reach out to your doctor to get supports you need or your therapist so you do not harm you again hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.