...and it just got worse

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by NoNamesPlease, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoNamesPlease

NoNamesPlease Active Member

I am barely going to be able to cover rent on the 1st and electricity. On the way home from work tonight I got stopped by a police officer. They randomly ran my plate and saw that not only was my car not insured but I have also not transferred the registration to myself. To boot, my license had been suspended and is now eligible, but i have not had the moneybto donany of these.

I was let go with a warning. I have no fucking clue how i will do this. I put my last $10 in my gas tank this morning. I work in the area i was pulled over in, and the cop said if he saw me again id go to jail. So how do i get to work? ? There is no public transport, and if there was i havent got money for it.

I feel numb. I dont think its even worth trying anymore

2. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Been there many years ago. You got warned and that is something to be grateful for getting. <mod edit - encouraging illegal behaviour>

As for money, can you donate plasma? Read up on the requirements or call a local center. The good news is that you get paid on each donation so no waiting for funds. New donors often get bonuses too. This is a fast way to earn a 250-300 per month.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

The cop gave you a lucky break. If a different cop pulled you over at other time it would have been jail and your car being towed making it a lot more money in the hole. Count this as a blessing that you got a heads up that not many have.

What about carpooling or catching a ride with coworkers. How far is your work from home?

4. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

You got really lucky and I've never heard of anyone being allowed to drive off without insurance. I think it's illegal for a cop to even allow it. If this actually happened then you should be really grateful.

Also getting that insurance really should be a top priority since even if someone hits you, it will be your fault if you aren't insured.

5. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Sorry u are having a hard time. But if you hit someone without insurance then you could be looking at a long stretch inside. If I were u I would walk to work, get taxi, whatever, but dont drive the car until its insured. Just not worth the massive risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.