And it's back...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Legacy, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legacy

Legacy Member

Well... I've suffered from depression for a good few years. I was on medication for it until i found out i was expecting my baby boy who is now due in 8 weeks. Things seemed good when i stopped taking it but now that things have started to go a little wrong it seems to have returned worse than before. I thought that pregnancy was supposed to be a happy time. Instead, i've developed a condition called SPD and i now feel totally useless. I can't walk, i can't even turn over in bed without serious pain, will need to use crutches for a while even after the labour and need physiotherapy. I might not even be able to carry full term and may have to be induced depending on how my pelvis and hip handles his weight as he grows and if things get much worse then maybe even a c-section. I feel so useless that i can't even manage to do this properly and am relying on painkillers which, even though prescribed for me, can cause dependency and addiction in my unborn child! Just when you start to feel better it comes back and hits you in the face every time and this time i don't even have the help of my medication. I can't even take the advice i used to follow and keep active and busy as i can't even move most of the time. No matter what you do events always conspire against you, and just when you start to think that things are improving you hit another low. Where is the end in this never ending cycle?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun im sorry you are in pain I do hope soon when your child is born the pain will diminish and you will be able to get back on some medication to help you feel less depressed. Keep in touch with your doctors ok keep talking to them let t hem know what is happening so they can help you through all this You can talk here too hun it helps to know you are not so alone hugs

3. ACPhilosopher

ACPhilosopher Active Member

Are there any books you've always wanted to read, but never had the time? Now might be a good opportunity to finally read them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.