and now I'm an alcoholic??

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lostbutnotfound, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostbutnotfound

lostbutnotfound Well-Known Member

Really.. really.. upset.

Just had a shitty meeting with new psychiatrist, and they've basically just labelled me a fucking alcoholic. On top of that, they refuse to work with me until I sign up to the local drug/alcohol team. Fuck sake! I am NOT an alcoholic. I don't NEED alcohol. I'm not my mum, nor my dad.. I've lived with alcoholics, and holy shit.. I am not like them! I don't depend on alcohol, I dont need it, I just want it because it helps dim things. I use it because I can't deal with being inside my head while sober. So what if my liver and kidneys are damaged.. that's supposed to make me wanna stop? I'm actively suicidal.. I clearly don't give a flying shit about my wellbeing. Fucking hell. This is all just bullshit. They didn't like me the moment I walked in. Just trying to pluck reasons out of thin air to refuse me help. Pathetic little dicks.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Might be worth signing up anyway, who knows the drug/alcohol team might be more helpful than you are finding the shrink. :unsure:
    And if both your parents were alcoholics then you may have a predelection to alcoholism, best to nip that in the bud as soon as possible. :hug:

3. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

hun ,

you know where im coming from , maybe you don't see yourself as an alcoholic and only you can make that choice for yourself but maybe what terry suggested would be helpful , you cant live forever numbing the pain because the pain just comes back worse when u do have moments of sober time. i remember for me that it got so bad that my friend would wake me up with a a coffee and cig , he had already been to the dealers place made up the gear and gave me my first hit of the day while i was waking up in bed ... that's where it took me.
    love u Hun and don't want to see you end up like i have , am always here if you need someone to talk to , you know that call the alc / drug team they may be able to help you more so than your pysch .

love u long time

est xx

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yuo may not be an alcoholic but using it as a crutch so to speak ("it helps dim things") is not an ideal thing when it comes to drinking.

"I use it because I can't deal with being inside my head while sober."
    things like this are a bad sign too. i don't know the details but the local drug/alcohol team surely should work with your psychiatrist for your benefit. it doesn't mean you have to be a drunken waster of anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.