And now something differant =P

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Wormling, Jan 2, 2008.

?

Did you find this post helpful?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Wormling

Wormling Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. Lately, I have been posting some negative messages, so here is a positive one, and it is all true =)

I work as a full time night security officer and mostly guard high end construction sites. At one site that I guard quite often, I have seen a white and orange stray cat walking through for about two month now. Well, last week, a lost cat poster was put up at my site, and I thought, ''What the heck'' and called the number. Well, the cat I have seen didn't match the cat that the owner lost, which was a fully orange, fluffy long haired cat. Well today, I was just walking around and listening to music and thinking about life, when I saw a fully orange cat with fluffy long hair walk through my site. I called the owner (at 2 am) and he actually woke up and came down to my work right away. It turns out that that was his cat which ran away on Thanksgiven. Sadly, when he tried to catch it, it ran away into the forest. We spent 40 minutes, walking through mud in the rain looking for the cat but were not able to find it again.

I post this message about my day at work in the motivational messages because of this: at the end of the search, the guy turned to me, shook my hand, and with tears streaming down his face, said 'Thank you. At least I know he is alive'. That simple message said with such raw emotion, with him and I looking eye to eye, really struck me. Even though he wasn't able to get his cat, I, a complete and total stranger, went out of their way and helped out. I gave him hope and helped him in a time of need. I wasn't thinking about any of this when I was doing it, I was merely doing my job and trying to help someone out. When he looked me in the eyes though, with tears falling freely and unashamed, I relearned how powerful hope can be.

So, hopefully this little piece of my life can be of help to some of you. I am a security officer, but my day was not made by stopping a bad guy or saving someone in danger, but by showing simple kindness to strangers and doing something anyone could have done.

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug:

and i clicked yes :smile:

3. Wormling

Wormling Well-Known Member

Ty Sam ^_^

4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i said yes