And now they say I'm borderline

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by cayzira, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

Today they told me there new diagnosis/guess. Apparently I'm borderline.

I read the sticky, and it did seem to fit, but I really don't trust there diagnosis's anymore. Lets see:
    When I first started seeing CAMHS they were convinced that I was psychotic.

When I was in C/C Steve kept talking to me about obsessions and patterns, I sure he though I was OCD.

CRH diagnosed me with social anxiety (Fair enouth, they were actually right about that)

And when I went back to CAMHS they decided that I was ADHD.

I really don't think I can trust there "diagnosis" Hell I don't think I can trust them at all, there "treating" me, and they don't even know what for!
  2. Ella

Ella Well-Known Member

I feel the same about having received that diagnosis. I don't know what it's like in your country, but around here, it's a diagnosis very often given just for the fact that someone self-injures and maybe has a couple of other symptoms of BPD, which, to be honest, a lot of people have.

On the other hand, I am ready to just accept that they think I have it, without really giving that much thought myself, because whether I have it or not, my problems stay the same.

Maybe you could talk to them again and find out what exactly makes them think you have BPD and let them know about your doubts?
  3. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

It's not even that I don't agree, a lot of the stuff from the sticky did sound like my life. It's just that I know they'll change there mind in a couple of weeks. How am I suppost to get better if I don't even know whats wrong with me? I just wish they woulden't keep changing there minds.

They don't even know whats wrong, it seems like there actually stuck with what to do about me. I don't think I match any of the stuff they learnt in "Docter school" I feel sorry for them in a way, they really don't have a clue whats going on.

Well, I ques I'm borderline for the moment, I personally think it would have been easier if they just started calling me "crazy" because thats obviosly what they think.
  4. BPD is often used as a diagnosis when they don't really know what's wrong. I'm not saying that's the case all of the time.

You've got to remember that there are few physical symptoms of these diseases. It can be hard to get an accurate diagnosis initially; sometimes symptoms are from a variety of illnesses, but together don't constitute an actual named disease.

I doubt they think you're crazy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.