And so I here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by lifehiker, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifehiker

lifehiker Member

Mostly because I'm not sure where else to go. I have probably been suffering from depression most of life. From time to time, I've thought of suicide, but it's only been in the last three years that I tried any serious attempts. My first was an overdose of Valium, which simply knocked me out for 24 hours. My second attempt a year and half later was self strangulation. That didn't go so well and I was preparing to rig up something to hang myself when a friend intervened and got in a hospital. I spent four days in involuntary confinement and was released after they doubled my meds, which helped.

But it's still a battle from time to time. My work schedule is opposite most peoples, but I do love my job and am most calm during my work week. But it's the days in between that are the problem. I usually far apart and wind up a recluse those days. I have a fear of calling people because I believe I'm just interrupting their lives. The loneliness is enough to bring thoughts of suicide back, sometimes strong, sometimes not so.

I am under the care of a psychiatrist and am working slowly to get a handle on my life. But I there is next to nobody that I can truly talk to. It either frightens them or they can't understand why I can't just be happy. So, I've come here in hopes I can find a sympathetic ear now and then.

Thanks for listening.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Lifehiker, Welcome to the forums..I understand hwere your coming from because I have no contact with people in real life.. My only friends are the ones I have met here.. Don't be put off if you don't get very many replies.. It always starts out slow.. The more you post the more people will sit up and take notice..I remember when I first joined I felt invisable because I only got a few replies..Give it some time and you will find all kinds of support here.. Take care!!
  3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to SF :smile:
  4. Kya

Kya Member

:smile: Welcome lifehiker
  5. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi and welcome to SF and I can relate to you as the only real time I interact with people is when i'm at work the weekends are the worst for me too.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi lots of people here that care welcome :hugtackles:
  7. shazwackers

shazwackers Well-Known Member

Hi there lifehiker, nice to meet you
  8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Welcome, Life.

I hope this forum helps like it's helped many of us. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.