And that someone can't listen

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Cariad_Bach, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

Woke up this morning and my anxiety was high and the sadness was strong. Without much warning or any real reason, the tears poured out.

And he was inconvenienced. He wanted to go out. He didn't tell me where until I asked and he didn't ask me to go.

He made an attempt, but it felt like he was telling me to get it together because he still wants to go out.

After a while I went to see whether he was okay. He wasn't. I spent some considerable time trying to help him to stop ruminating and catastrophising.

I think I managed to help him.

He said he was going out and he wanted me to say it was okay... But I couldn't. Because it wasn't.

He's gone out now, and I am left to deal with the anxiety and sadness on my own. And come to terms with the fact that I have been left, by the person I love, to deal with that on my own.

2. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better soon.
    But what about doing something that can get your mind on other things?
    No reason to feel sad or anxious, although I know it's easier said than done.

And I'm sorry if I'm not that helpful, never been that good at it, although I try my best.

3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I know that feeling of anxiety and sadness when you're left alone by the person you love. My boyfriend often gave me the silent treatment for days and until he decided I'd been punished enough for whatever crime I'd committed, I was left alone, taking care of the house, pets and myself in a state of insomnia, anxiety, sadness and physical illness from all the stress. It's excruciating and devastating, my emotions cannot handle it. I'm sorry you're going through this.

The only thing that has recently helped me during these terrible times is to distract and detach. I try to convince myself that the days of silent treatment should be a time for me to feel relief that I have some time to do whatever I want and enjoy the silence and solitude. Being able to do that helps me put distance between my bf and me, helps me feel more independent and less devastated at him ignoring me when I need him. I'm learning to rely on myself primarily and love myself more. I hope you can find a way to cope. xx