And the hits keep on coming...

Discussion in 'Later in Life and Seniors' started by texaskitty, Mar 15, 2017.

1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Had a car accident on way to neurologist. Slow traffic due to construction and I looked down and boom. Didn't even scratch the pickup truck, he just said theres no damage to my truck and left. But my car is damaged and to add insult to injury it started jerking like the trans was having a problem.

Neurologist test confirmed a high level of carbon monoxide in my blood, but thankfully no brain damage.

However, he is concerned about my carotid arteries (side of the neck) and wants an ultrasound.

and.. says I have a sinus polyp and has no idea who to talk to about it.

Oh I just read the instructions, I am 57 and will be 58 on March 21st woohoo. I am so tired of these things I keep a planner to keep up with all the appointments and a journal of daily events looking for a pattern.

At this moment i feel so overwhelmed I don't know what to do.

There are several gastro docs on my insurance but they too are in Sherman in the area where the neuro is. I don't know if I should start calling and see if one will have a sooner appointment. But oh crap the car transmission is bad (I think).

I can't say what I'm thinking right now in respect to forum rules, but I would sure like to drift off to sleep and never wake up.

Thanks for reading the second ramble of the day.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Hi Kitty,
    I'm sorry so many problems are happening at must be really discouraging and frustrating.
    I hope some of these things begin to resolve themselves in the next few days *hug
    Maybe let us know how it's going? I hope you can do something nice for yourself, to get away form the chaos for a second
  3. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Thank you Ravi.
  4. Kira

Kira Can't PM on phone... Sorry :( Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Well isn't that just bloody fantastic!?!?
    Sorry... It's like the saying "It doesn't rain, it pours". I think that how it goes. :(
    texaskitty likes this.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hugs. Sorry to hear that so much is happening.
    texaskitty likes this.
  6. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this

If it's any consolation, it's not that you've got new disorders, but rather that the doctor has just discovered that they have been there for a while.

Are any of these things things that can be treated?
  7. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Staff Member Safety & Support

Sorry Angie.

Can you get the car looked at, so you can maybe start making the calls?

This all sounds like so much. But I'm grateful that there's no brain damage.