• We had a slight glitch and the forum deleted about 80 threads at random - we are restoring them currently but you may have had an alert saying your thread was deleted - please ignore this and do not be concerned. Thanks, Freya :)

Android experts wanted: App sound problem

HumanExMachina

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've got a Note 3 and the SF app installed. Works fine, but I've never gotten any sound notifications on it, only screen notifications. I looked in Application Manager and Show Notifications is checked. I also checked Sound/Application Notifications, and everything is ok there, too. There's nothing wrong with the phone, I get sound notifications for other things.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

HumanExMachina

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes! Forgot to mention, I tried that. Didn't help. It's weird, all other apps on my phone that have sound notifications are working perfectly.

HumanExMachina

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
there may be an app running in the background conflicting with the sound. Check to see, they're all shut down.
There isn't much running in the background. Aside from essential Android stuff, and a couple of Samsung 'services' all I've got running are whatsapp and youtube. Wouldn't want to shut them down. That was a good idea, though, I hadn't thought of that.

HumanExMachina

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
CodeX, thanks for replying. You're most likely using a later version of Android. I'm on Lollipop. Here's what I see:

ssh1.jpg ssh2.jpg ssh3.jpg

That's it, Block and Priority are the only two options.

HumanExMachina

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't think you can do much other then wait for app developer to fix it.
Ok. Well, it's not a huge deal. I'm apparently the only person in SF using Lollipop, so I'm sure it wont be an urgent priority for the developer, but that's ok:) Thanks CodeX.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00