Angel Days

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I am in awe of angels. I love angels. Their very being is so calming to me. I keep a simple collection of them at my computer to inspire me. To guide me along in a sense. Knowing one day I will see a real angel and the awe will turn to gratitude.

I told someone to jot an "angel" thought or quote down in this thread whenever she thinks of me or just feels lonely. Maybe in some way it (or they) will help her just like they helped me. Maybe to bring her some peace when she looks and I am no longer there, maybe allowed to watch over those I love, as an angel myself.

Post when you need to hun. I'll start.....

"Angels have always inspired us. They reside in our hearts and minds somewhere between our conviction for faith and our need to believe. Angels share our religion, but even those of us who are not religious hold a place for them in the metaphysics of our values and our pursuit of a virtuous life. They bring us revelations, counsel us and most importantly listen, to the depths of our despair and the heights of our imagination. They enrich us, enable us and empower us to be more than we can be and in their pefection give us a sense of sublime."

Georges Luis Guevara

"We can all be angels to one another. We can choose to obey the still small stirring within, the little whisper that says, Go. Ask. Reach out. Be an answer to someone's plea. You have a part to play. Have faith.

Joan Wester Anderson

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I believe an angel has always kept my daugher here with me. I am sure there are angels protection you do Carla

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I love you and am glad to see you back...I came on to post that I was done...the syringes all hooked up ...but here you are talking of angels...go figure.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:hug::flowers::hiya::rose::hugtackles:

5. I love Angels too Carla, especially angels like you. :hug:

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I miss you Carla...:hug:
    I believe my mum, dad and son are all angels looking after me...

7. itmahanh

For you.

To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic
    Alphonse de Lamartine

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.
    George MacDonald

I saw an angel in the stone and I only chiseled until it was set free.
    Michelangelo

An angel came to visit
    Sweet joy and nothing more
    On wings of inspiration
    It floated by the door
    It left with me a message
    Conveyed from far above
    That all things are important
    But none more so than love
    Liam Doherty Shaw

Matthew Mark Luke and John
    The bed be blest that I lie on
    Four angels to my bed
    Four angels round my head
    One to watch and one to pray
    And two to bear my soul away
    Thomas Adly

Always x's & o's

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh it is so good to see you back i missed you take care okay

9. itmahanh

This dear one is you

Angels can fly because they take themselves so lighjtly
    G.K. Chesterton

10. itmahanh

And at days end, as the light turned the skies a brilliant mixture of pinks, mauves and crimsons, I looked silently to the Heavens, and glimpsed the surreal sight of my guardian angel, beconing me to join in her flight. Insuring to guide me safely now as she has always along so many other journeys of my time here. So I stand now curiously wondering the reason.... why not, as I slowly lift my hand up towards hers. The higher I lift it towards the Heavens, the lighter my spirit, and the undeniable knowledge that peace is at my fingertips.
    ck 5/27/10

11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Love ya C......don't go.....:sad::hug:

12. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

this is for you C.....

When things go wrong
    and life turns rough
    and no one thinks of me,
    I close my eyes, open my heart
    You're the angel that I see.