Anger and how to deal / avoid it

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by dEAthdAycAke, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dEAthdAycAke

dEAthdAycAke New Member

sometimes i get so pissed off and angry that i have thoughts of harming other people. like with my parents, they instigate the most dumbest shit, its almost like they enjoy arguing and making others feel unpleasant. especially my father, i just cannot understand what it is with him, its like he enjoys being mad and putting other people down, he seriously seems to think he is perfect. sometimes i just want to hit him over the head with a hammer or something he makes me so mad. total fucking asshole i swear. im 24 years old and im way too old to be living at home and dealing with this shit, but life is kinda complicated right now and i have to stay here for 6 more weeks at the longest. i have to get away from my parents before i go do something i will regret later. im not sure how im going to make it through the next few weeks. i cant wait to get away from them and have as little communication as possible.

any advice?

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Get out of the house a lot, and especially when you're feeling really angry...go for walks or just go shopping and stuff. Just try not to talk to them or seem them very much. Maybe you could try and discuss with them what's bothering you, but that might not work, depending on what they're like. I feel the same way with my parents and family sometimes, I feel like I want to hit them, I tried to talk to them about how I felt, but it just develops into big arguments and they don't listen anyway. So now I hardly talk to them, and that helps. Hopefully when you move away, you'll have a better relationship, not having to deal with day to day annoyances and everything.

3. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

Well 1st of all they're your parents. Like it or not you have to accept them as you are. 2nd of all your father may just as well have anger issues, who knows?
    and last but not least, it's their house. So their house, their rules. You'll see how this works later when you'll have your own family and kids. I guess a parent can do that hehe. You can see this as a really REALLY good self control exercise.

4. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Yh, i have the same problem. Like, me getting angry actually makes my little brother SMILE. It just makes me so mad all the time. Like, if he wasn't physically bigger and stronger than me, I just feel like id do something realy really stupid. My mother likes to start trouble over everything too. Like, i left a cup in the sink and forgot to rinse it out, and she freaked again. I used to get in fights with them alot because of this, but now I've reached a point where i jut let them treat me as they want and not argue back even if i know they're being irrational. Now i feel like a doormat though, so i don't know...
    I hope things work out for you though, i know how frustrating it can be having your home be like a constant war zone.
    But, on the bright side, its just a few more weeks. I'm sure you can find the strength to make it a little bit longer :)

5. SATANICAT

SATANICAT Member

I've had to deal w/ people like this before. One thing I do is try to hang out with my friends as much as possible, it keeps you away from the people you don't need to be around. Also, if he does make you mad take a shower, it helps a lot to cool you down! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.