Anger brewing.....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Chargette, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

My anger is rising or is it I can't rationalize it away. Most likely that latter. I am so very angry. I use to be able to do normal things. Like keep things clean, have solutions for tasks needed doing.

I am becoming dependent on those who have depended on me. We have useless stuff everywhere. My husband is always bringing stuff home. It's been a long hard road of getting him to get it out of here. His thinking is different than mine.

This morning I couldn't find something and he's not here. That is the trigger that set me off. I'm not going to move boxes around to find one simple item. Even if I absolutely have to, that kind of moving around aggravates my knee pain.

When I took my meds this morning, I realized I'm feeling suicidal because upon seeing the meds that feeling pulled on me. That's my clue to root out the anger.

So here goes, I'm so fucking pissed off!

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Good on you! What about the rest? It seems to me that you might spend a lot of time fighting feeling angry - sometimes it's good to just let rip rather than keep controlling it. And here's as good a place as any to do that.

3. Chargette

I took a nap and finished a doggie sweater. I'm okay right now, but I'm in "low gear." My dog, Taco, looks good in his brown and teal sweater.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Feel free to vent here, thats what we are for to show you support.. You are very good at helping others but you need to love yourself first..There is always someone around for you to talk to so don't be afraid to approach any of us..

5. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Everyone has his/her way to deal with anger. Some break stuff (IKEA lamps anyone?), other shout like maniacs, others count to 10, listen to music, take a nap, play games, etc.

There's an infinite way to deal with anger, you just have to take your natural medicine. It's stressful when two people who think different share a house... and since almost no one in the planet thinks like their partner, it's always stressful to share a house. But a good partnership comes from finding a middle point in all things. If your husband's habit of bringing stuff home annoys you that much, maybe you should talk (calmly!) to him, to see if you can find a middle point that pleases both of you on this situation... maybe reserve some space in the house for the stuff he brings home, while he vows not to put that stuff near your things?

There's always a middle point in anything. You just have to find the one in this matter by talking and negotiating with your husband. (negotiations can be fun! :smile:)

Keep venting here whenever you need, we'll be here for you.

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

If you have to keep repeating that over and over hun. And keep posting here. Letting it out makes such a difference.
    I know how out of sorts it is to have to depend on others when you are a strongwilled, determined and independent personality. But sometimes that help can make things move along a little faster too. So please dont be so hard on yourself Vivian. None of us are perfect but you're pretty darn close! Post the anger out and let the support in.

7. Chargette

Once in awhile, I get the joy of demolishing an old piece of furniture that is falling apart. I did that today. I sat myself down with the piece in front of me and hammered at it till it gave way. It took a little while because I'm not strong, but that's better because it gave me some time to hammer at it.

This is one of the things that helps me release a lot of tension. Exercise does not do it for me, but hammering something till is falls apart has a focus for my tension and maybe that is why it helps. I don't know.

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Please dont take this the wrong way. I know when I can get physically involved in something it usually helps to lift the darkness a little but I just had to share this with you.....

Had a visual of you sitting there beating the crap out of a chair, splinters flying, sweat pouring and you repeating "this is soooo good." Thanks for the giggle hun. Hope you had one today too.

9. Chargette

I'm glad you got a kick out of that one :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.