Anger Outbursts, Depression & Fight w/ Coach

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PandorasToybox, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

2012 so far has not been a very good year. Just when I manage to pick things up and piece life back together and get it to the point where it is great, things fall apart. Its like one slow, painfully stitch at a time. And as much as I hate to admit it, my epilepsy has once again started on a new pattern, and of course add everything together the depression is slowly coming back.
    I work in a high stress environment which recently has gotten worse due to labor cuts and added work (without extension of hours). Seeing as Im entry level, minimum wage, it is easier to keep me on regular hours but add on work (other workers who's wages are too high to give them the appropriate amount of time to complete tasks= more work on me).
    There are too many things for me to go on and on about. Its really just a sh*t load of stress that Im struggling to handle. In my family you don't talk about it; if you do, you get berated. Seeking "treatment" for depression is a huge no-no.
    The hardest thing right now is that my coach and I haven't been getting along. There is a ton of tension between us. In all fairness, a huge majority of it is my fault. I've been having anger outbursts and being an absolute cow lately to my coach. I've been frustrated with trying to fix it. I don't know whether its appropriate to tell him I've been really struggling, or do I just look the other way? He's been my coach for the last two years and as far as I know he's going to be the coach again next year. He's an amazing guy and I really don't want to stay on bad terms with him; right now it's just hard trying to think straight and problem solve.
    Im really having a sh*tty time right now, so any suggestions would be much appreciated <3

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Talk to your coach hun let him know the stress you are under ok and that unfortunately it has come out in anger. Your coach maybe able to help decrease some of the tension ok so be open with him hugs

3. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Thanks TC, I was hoping to talk to him before we left for a competition next weekend, but doesn't look like I'll be able to. I'll try talking to him via text or after the competition, although at this point i feel if we go to the competition like this my performance won't be very good. Its frustrating because I don't know if he'll exactly be able to understand. Its been driving me nuts for the last 2-3 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.