anger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been a violent person, even though muay thai have always been a big interest of mine. But recently I have been having a problem with my anger. I am angry all the time, and I constantly wanna smash someones face in (this make me sound like a total douch...). I even got in a fight a couple of days ago, where i was really drunk. which led to one of the few friends I have now being scared of me...
I guess my question is have anybody else had anger problems like this or just in general?

I had anger issues a number of years back, that I was advised to consider anger management therapy. Is there a way you can access that?

Also, getting drunk can exaggerate emotions. It might be advisable to not get so drunk as it can affect reactions, the example being scaring your friend. You say you have very few friends, its worth considering to not lose the ones you have.

anger management therapy could be a possibility. I just felt so weirded out last time i tried therapy (that wasn't anger management though)
And i know that getting drunk or doing drugs aren't the best idea but it's the only way i seem to get away from this awful place, at least for a couple of hours.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I am very angry, almost enraged at times lately due to an illness I have which keeps me from doing many things...I have sought help for this in the past and found it rather valuable...often times, anger is a power used when we feel powerless...to know what you are feeling and why you are reacting this way would be helpful...wishing you more peaceful times

Hi OnlyAMisfit,
I am so sorry for your troubles I have had anger at myself and the world from illness and being abused etc. you do not need a reason to be angry/low. Being unhappy is enough of a reason and life is hard.
I have looked at your other posts, loneliness/isolation makes you feel worse. You can make friends on here, or start new interests and meet others. Dating sites can help with meeting others, who are in your situation.
You can see anger is affecting you a great start, the drugs/alcohol will make you more angry.
Try stopping yourself when the anger starts distract yourself. Seek out professional therapy if you can as well. Your family will understand, you can't help this it is like an illness.
I hope you feel better very soon.
Take care
Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00