Anger

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Lonz, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Lonz

Lonz Active Member

I hear their are stages to grief, and I've figured out that anger is one. But, I'm having a peculiar thought. You know how when you read a book for a class, they have you write a summary? I'm now sorta summarizing my friend in my head. They're gone, and I seem to be more objective. For years, I ignored my friend's self destruction and dishonesty, but now, I can see it all and I have no need to deny any facet of them. Now, balancing everything, -- I cannot say I am coming to a flattering summary. I feel they betrayed us, and I think they made their choice with free will, despite depression, etc. I've been depressed and suicidal when I was young, and I stopped myself.

Should I be ashamed of myself?

2. ybt

ybt Guest

no. if anything, it's growth of self.

3. Lonz

Lonz Active Member

Thanks. Sometimes I think it's sour-grapes-rationalization that's going on in my head. On the other hand, she in effect stole our friendship when she took the pills. When I first met her I realized I had befriended a thief and drug abuser. She may have even stolen from me one time, but as I couldn't be certain, I gave her the benefit of the doubt. In the end, she ripped me and a lot of others off big time. Shunned us, then died. Years of friendship led up to nothing more than some unanswered phone calls, then months later a trip to a memorial service. That gives one a cold, betrayed feeling.

Lonz

4. ybt

ybt Guest

the problem is, as people, we're so trusting. we're always willing to give another chance. so it's never your fault. but damn it, at times we're *too* compassionate