Anger

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Oceans, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I have this deep seated anger. I have tried exercising, writing, just to name a few, these are only temporary means to defuse hot headed anger in the moment.

2. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I have a lot of anger, too. Sometimes I go a long time without feeling especially angry, then other times it seems like I'm angry about everything. Any anger usually comes on me quite suddenly, like a flashflood.

I find the only thing that really helps me is to talk about what makes me angry and how I experience the emotion. Writing helps a bit, and I’m glad you can find some relief this way, too. I find, though, that I eventually need to talk to someone and get feedback as well.

It can be helpful to talk about the emotion even if I'm not especially angry at the moment. It gives me more objectivity and understanding when I do lose my temper.

3. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

I also feel angry a lot of the time. I try not to take it out on anyone else, more turn it inward. I have healthy outlets like singing, walking, that sort of thing. Weed also helps, too. Sometimes I feel really bad for other people who try to be friendly with me and get close, because I know I'm abrasive but I can't help it. I think sometimes it's just in our nature, we all deal with things in different ways.

I find when I'm feeling especially scathing to just take a few minutes and ask myself WHAT I'm so angry about, right this moment. Sometimes it's just a little, insignificant thing but if I concentrate on it, I can sort of go through the mental files and figure out where the feeling is truly coming from and hopefully work on it a little. It's rough, being pissed off so much of the time.

4. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

I have had this anger in me since I was a kid.
    I am epileptic and because of that I have not been able to do alot of the same thing liek most guys, especially growing up.
    Which has caused me to have very low self esteem.

Once in 6th grade back when my seizures were real bad, one day the coach decided to take me to the front office and tell them he did not want to be responsible for me anymore, and everyday after that I signed a waver stating due to medical problems I can't take gym...all through high school too.

Every guy that passed me looked at me like I was weak, I hated that.

Its ppl like that that do make me angry.
    But in general today,l if anyone says I cannot do anything, I will do what I can prove them wrong and often do.
    Its just even after I do, I would think I would feel good, but my temper is still flaring up, and I got no idea some times how to get myself to settle down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.