Angry all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Things

I've been like this for weeks. The smallest bit of irritation and I'm biting people's head off. It's especially bad when I'm dealing with kids (I go to a site where there's a lot of teenagers who act like ten year-olds...which seems to be unfortunately normal).

This is my main source of frustration right now:

I'm just so sick of all these brats and their attitudes. They're just so goddamned unbelievably stupid and it gives me a headache. Especially in the art & writing section of the site. Most of them don't even fucking try and then they get pissed at me or anyone else for telling them how to improve (I try to be nice. It's not like I'm saying "this completely sucks" or anything. Hell, the other users are perfectly nice too).

Some of them have to GAL to say "only positive comments please!". Then the bitching and moaning begins. Ulgh, I wish people would learn not to post anything if they don't want other people's opinions. I'm surprised that they don't just say "praise me!", but I guess that's not subtle enough.

Art is my passion so this bothers me especially. It kills me to see this kind of attitude. It goes no where and there's no point to it. What ever talent they may have is smothered by their complete immaturity and stubbornness.

So then I get pissed and I start being nasty to people...than I feel ashamed of my lack of restraint, then I get angry at myself, and then I get angrier at other people and it just goes on!

It's not just the kids either. You guys know what a "fundy" is? It's them too. It just...this blind hatred and stupidity gets me. I don't understand how people can be so horrible and it depresses the fuck out of me. I should be used to it by now, but I never get any better at handling my anger.

Tl;dr: Stupidity pisses me off and I keep acting like a bitch to everyone.

Daphna

Ninja of light
Hey things I am sorry that you are feeling this way. I am thinking maybe a break from SF will do you some good. It did me. Every once in a while people tend to irk each other and a break helps you regroup on what you want to do and how you want to be. Take a breather, and come back when you are ready. Just a suggestion. :hug:

Things

Hey things I am sorry that you are feeling this way. I am thinking maybe a break from SF will do you some good. It did me. Every once in a while people tend to irk each other and a break helps you regroup on what you want to do and how you want to be. Take a breather, and come back when you are ready. Just a suggestion. :hug:
Oh it's not anyone on SF. I haven't even been here for a while (I forgot to click the log-out button though).

I could apply this to that other site I'm going to though. It's just well, I'm going to be seeing people like that all time there anyway, and I can't throw a fit every time I see someone acting stupid. How do I learn to stay calm? X(

I don't mean to argue, I appreciate that you took the time to read all that and reply.

Daphna

Ninja of light
It takes effort to keep your cool, so the more you go through it the more you learn how to handle it better. Also keep in mind that these are kids you are talking about, maybe not all physically so but mentally the same. :) Take a break from the site and relax. :hugs:

Things

It takes effort to keep your cool, so the more you go through it the more you learn how to handle it better. Also keep in mind that these are kids you are talking about, maybe not all physically so but mentally the same. :) Take a break from the site and relax. :hugs:
I know, I know...it makes me feel worse when I lose my cool. I should know better by now...

Yeah, I'm going to take a break. I just can't stand it anymore.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hope you can get rid of the anger by running it off or something okay I hope break away also gives your mind the time it needs to unwind abit take care of you things okay stay strong

Things

Hope you can get rid of the anger by running it off or something okay I hope break away also gives your mind the time it needs to unwind abit take care of you things okay stay strong
Thank you.

Does having these kind of thoughts make me a bad person? :/

Everyone gets angry buddy, I guess we're opposites, whenever I get frustrated or angry I bottle it up, and eventually I'll take the pain out on myself. This one time I was just so frustrated with school, when i came home i flipped my desk, stormed outside and punched a tree trunk over and over again. Now I can't close my fist very tight anymore but I've learned to just find a way to get rid of stress much less painlessly. Smoking, most people think that it's a horrible habit, but if smoking keeps me from directly harming myself I think it outweighs that.

Sometimes it helps just to let it all out. I find myself getting angry and snippy at work. I swear i work with idiots.

I have tried to find outlets for my anger....try doing something mindless. I find if I play the boxing or sword fighting on my Wii I burn off some of the anger. Either that, or flip through a magazine.

Sometimes it helps. Not always, but it's worth a shot.

Things

I just think I need a thicker skin, or some way to learn to bite my tongue (I think I've gotten better at staying quiet...I'm still too sensitive still).

Trillian: Sometimes I draw random things on my notebook. Sometimes it helps, sometimes I'm too agitated to bother. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00