Angry and sickened: please read

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by soliloquise, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

He is entitled to be here as much as anyone else is. This thread should be deleted, it is very offensive and I am a rape victim.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  3. soliloquise

and so am i. which is why i am vv concerned. its ok with you?? please
    and i did not say he shouldnt be here i said he shouldnt be answering abuse threads. how do you know he is not looking for other women to hurt?? this is not safe to have a rapist on the abuse forums. i have not asked fro him to be deleted i have asked for the mods to monitor it. please. if this is deleted and ignored i wil take this further. i want reassurance he is not grooming some other woman

4. Rockster

Rockster Guest

Hmm to be honest i am in two minds about this, yes everyone is entitled to help but some of the posts that i have seen can be thought of as more harm then good but others not.... i honestly would hate to be staff for this

5. Petal

For all we know there could be 50 rapists on sf looking for women to groom. Having an ex rapist being monitored because of his past is very unfair. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Yes it is ok with me as long as he abides by the rules (which he is doing).

6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

as lynn has said, he has done nothing wrong and has abided by the rules. it could help in some way to have someone from "the other side" to help some victims. just another pov. and just so you know i am also a victim

i think this should be moved to letter to the management. this should not be for open discussion.

7. soliloquise

i am not trying to start shit, i am not a troll, read my prev posts etc. i am very upset by this and feel sick. yes for all we know there may be others and probably are but this man has not raped once but many times and has admitted it publically. sure he may never do it again but how do we know that? this really concerns me esp as he is answering abuse threads. people are v vunerable on here
    i have contacted the mods with my concerns and copied all his posts and mine to pdf. i am undecided what to do but am currently talking to my friend about it who is a cop. this place needs to be safe. i don't think i am overreacting?
    he has admitted to abusing women repeatedly however long ago. i find that gross sorry. but i find it grosser that he is answeting abuse threads when he was/ is an abuser.

8. soliloquise

ps no offence to anyone else here. i am also a survivor.
    i dont want him banned or anything, just do not think it is right to be answering abuse posts like nothing has happened , that could really trigger someone and tip them over the edge

pps am happy for this to be moved but i really think it should be addressed please

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

He's been put under moderation. Anything he tries to say will be reviewed by a moderator before it is posted, and they're fortunately quite strict about what they let through.

10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i agree, but its not a witch hunt, or in this case, rapist hunt.

i have read through some of his posts, and yes i think his lack of remorse is sickening. but rapist are also sick, and we cannot do anyrthing to stop him, for all we know he may just be some faceless person getting his kicks from stirring shit.
    try over look it and ignor him till mods decide what to do :hug:

11. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I agree. the fact that he referred to his crimes as a 'lifestyle' is enough
    to warrant being moderated. his posts should be approved. I have reported
    several of his posts. I too am highly offended. it sends a bad message.
    he does not sound remorseful. he sounds like a troll. not a very funny one,
    either. just my opinion.

12. Petal

I also don't think it's fair to discuss another members motives on the forums. Take it to LTM.

13. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

yes, he could be just pulling our chains. in which case, the staff will
    soon get wind of it. not a very funny way to pull peoples chains

14. Rockster

Rockster Guest

I am guessing mods arent looking to happy on him as they have already deleted several posts(iirc) and locked a thread.... But it will be resolved as they see fit for the sight

15. soliloquise

ty for supporting my concerns x

16. hellwithhugewounds

hellwithhugewounds Well-Known Member

*sigh* I took to long to post looks like mods already decided

17. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I just did :biggrin:

18. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

meaning?

19. Petal

omg,what happened to your post?:laugh:

20. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

This is going to offend alot of people, but I agree with soliloquise. I for one am a rape survivor and it triggered me emmensely that an "ex" rapist was posting on a rape thread. It bothers me that a sex offender was also discussing information about his victims. I think this should be reserved for PM's and NOT posted in a thread. I don't mind him being here but I think there should be a policy about keeping an eye on everyone who admits to sexual abuse or rape on SF. And not allowing them to post in threads pertaining to the pain and trauma that we (survivors) have experienced. I think the safety and security of survivors should come FIRST. Many of us ARE suicidal (me included) who want to die to excape the memories and pain of the rapes and sexual abuse. The last thing we need is knowing a sex offender "ex" or not, has the opportunity to post on threads discussing our trauma. They lost their right to join in the discussions of rape and sexual abuse when they decided to rape and victimize women and children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.