Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lazy, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy

Lazy New Member

I'm not quite sure why I am writing this, I don't feel anyone can be of any help to me, I just felt like I have to write.

I'm young male, no education, no job.. I got into an arts academy, but quit after 6 months. I got a job too, quit after 1 year. Due to the welfare system I can just smooch off the society and continue to life a healthy life. I'm grateful for that and I'm glad I was born in this country. I'm not even suicidal, not anymore. I'm mostly indifferent. Deep down filled with agony and hatred.. depression. But I'm not clouded by it, I'm seeing the world as it is. And it is incredibly cruel place to be. Wars born out of religious conflicts, political corruption, terrorism, poverty.. there are just a few things that I hate. I also hate people. People have let me down so many times that I no longer have any expectations of anyone. People just make me angry. Watching an old man spit immigrant on her face.. or a group of teenagers pick on the old person in the bus. These things annoy me so tremendously that when I'm on the situation, At this point I suppose it is pretty evident that I have some issues. I hate humans, particularly myself, for I am not any better than anyone else. This anger makes me sick, I want to bury it along with every cruel fantasy I've had, with every cruel thing I've screamed.. I want to bury it with the words of forgiveness and gratitude.

I'm sorry. May I please have some help? Thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Welcome, think you'll find support here and others who together can relate to your feelings. As you browse posts you'll recognise feelings you share. Have you sought help from your doctor or at college?
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Anger management therapy could help you but also hun you need to see there are good people many of them hun who help others so it is not all cruel in this world try to see the caring souls out there as well
  4. Lazy

Lazy New Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad someone actually noticed..

I've been visiting a psychiatrist, just to have someone to talk my things through. I've also been offered medication, but I turned the offer down.

I can't find any anger management in my area tho.. and I kind of fear getting associated with therapies.. I'm afraid that if I ever find some kind of passion, something that I want to do to feel more whole as a human, it might affect my chances of getting work. I'm not sure if that's the case though..
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi there Lazy - do understand your perception of life and people, absolutely. The good news is that we can come into a deeper understanding of why this is and how understanding it can help us in our response to it. It's an opportunity we can choose to take or not. It also helps us to discover our real self so we then are able to genuinely make a positive contribution/difference. This journey is like our path through life and what it presents to us, and we find there are stiles over the obstacles that get in the way.

I know this sounds flowerly language and a bit weird, but concerning thinking and fantasies etc - as you know, they happen anyway, and this is a method for them to go in a reverse direction for you :)
  6. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Wondering why you don't regard anger as a passion.
    I used to feel passionately about my work. Couldn't have done it if I hadn't.
  7. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

Psychiatrists only do meds - they rarely do much of the whole "talking things through" bit. They're medical doctors and their whole purpose is to diagnose and prescribe medication for mental illness. If you want to talk, then you need to see a therapist or psychologist.
  8. HereToHelp7

HereToHelp7 New Member

I hate people as well, they're very insensitive creatures. Lol. Meds help in some cases but I think talking out your problems is the best way to help get through what you're going through. I signed up to this site not knowing what to expect but wanting to help and maybe help myself as well. Contact me if you just need to talk. I'm here. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.