angry

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by MoAnamCara, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I'm so angry with myself for allowing these things to rule me and my life still. Still. I'm not angry with those who were "abusive" as others put it. I can see how the things have been classified as such. Of course I'm still of the belief that I am/was/always will be responsible. Someone mentioned an ex in passing yesterday and I disappeared. It was out of left field and I was gone. Before I knew that I was or for how long and eventually that person said something that brought me back. Why do I do this crap? Let it all control me? How weak a person I must be. It's just rediculous.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

MoAnamCara, you are NOT responsible for the hurt/harm that someone else did to you. You never were and never will be responsible for that. Other people control their words and behavior, we control ours. You are NOT responsible.

Please don't beat yourself up for needing time to practice coping strategies. As you describe it, you were triggered, but you came back. That is a step forward. Perhaps thinking of what other thoughts arrived with mention of "ex"es will help you find a way to disentangle "anyone's ex" from your own ex and bad experience. It takes time and practice. You are getting there. It might "feel" ridiculous, and you are nonetheless progressing. Really.

3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Acy, thanks.

4. little lucy

little lucy Active Member

You are not responsible for other's actions.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just want to give you a hug!! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.