Animal abuse is abuse too

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by PressedIn, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

Ok, so our neighbors next door are total assholes. Let me tell you a little about who they are so you can understand.

There's actually 2 families that live next door in this apartment. The first couple weren't a problem when they moved in almost 2 years ago, but just this spring they started acting up. The husband blasts his car stereo throughout the day, and it's pretty loud, so loud that if I'm on the computer or trying to play a video game in the back room the picture frames and shit vibrate from the bass. This was around March this year. Around April my dad got tired of it (and so did everyone else) so, he went outside and asked him to turn it down, he did.

A week or 2 later my dad walked over there and was gonna tell the guy off but he came back saying "Oh he's just out there with his friend and his kid having fun drinking a beer." They talked for like 10 minutes and my dad was happy it was resolved peacefully.

By June this guy was still blasting music, sometimes at 2am and then they got a Golden Lab dog. Besides bringing the dog outside at 8am it would bark its head off waking me up during my summer vacation. The dog would also be out there late at night, past 11pm. My dad got pissed off and in early/mid July started screaming as the guy at 2am cuz his music was blasting- haven't heard any loud music since.

Now Onto the Dogs

The Golden lab the guy has barks a lot, anywhere from 8am - 2am. We've called the cops on them twice (and I myself called once making it 3 times) to complain about both the music and the dog barking non stop. The man finally started to keep the dog inside which was nice because on the hot summer days the dog would knock it's water bowl over to play with it and have nuttin to drink the entire day. I couldn't keep track of the peoples schedules cuz if I could I'd walk over and give it fresh water but everytime I wanted to the wife or husband would be home. A few times I saw the mans 4 or 5 year old son run at the dog as if he was going to hit it with a rake and the dog would cower in fear or bark angrily at him- the husband did nothing.

The Other Families Dog

The other family upstairs in the apartment recently bought a baby pitbull- quite cute. It's not like the short stocky ones it's kinda slim and looks like the dog from that kids movie where the dog gets hit by a porcupine (home run bound dogs or something- i dunno). Anyway, these people keep this baby dog chained up to a tree and gave it this piece of shit dog house that has like fishnet siding on it so rain and wind get in.

Today was the mark of Hurricane Hanna, I live in New Jersey and we got hit with some high winds and rain- just a harsh storm. I heard the baby dog howling an hour before the storm and did NOT witness the dog taken indoors. Around 8pm the rain stopped. At 12am I heard the dog howling again. This dog is being neglected as well and I think the owners kept the dog outside during the storm.

My Solution

This is too fucked up. Seriously and I'm not kidding. Both of these dogs deserve better. I'm considering taking both dogs away when the owners aren't home and giving to my friends whom I KNOW would treat them better and would care for them like children. I've considered telling my local law enforcement but they'd only give them a slap on the wrist. The ASPCA sadly would be able to do something but the dogs could end up in a shelter or pound and end up being put down.

I want to video tape the neglect so tomorrow my friend and I will discuss if his old video recorder will be good enough.

Someone tell me that taking this dogs away to a better home is the right place. I know it is, and I know it's illegal but for the poor animals sake it's going to be me or the animal rights people who take these dogs away. I'm just a much quicker way to do so and I would know their better off being with my friends rather than assholes.
  2. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

just don't get caught. good luck! sounds like a very sad situation.
    but one, of so many in this world.
  3. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

those poor dogs. i dont understand why people like that have animals, bastards.

Just be safe, dont put yourself at risk, but good luck. If i was in the US id come and help you save them myself.
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I'd probably do the same as you are planning to do. Be sure you don't get caught though.
    Good Luck!! :hug:
  5. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

Right behind you on this... those dogs deserve a loving caring home where they will be treated right.. i would do the same thing if i had a chance.. wish i could come help you.. people who abuse animals and children are horrible and deserve to lose them.. and something else, most abusers start out abusing animals then graduate to people...

as others have said just dont get caught...:ninja:
  6. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

well said and so sadly true
  7. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I hate anybody who abuses anyone whether its animals or people :mad:
  8. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Those dogs deserve so much better. Stuff like this makes me so angry, i wish these people could feel the hunger, pain and whatever else these poor animals feel..
    I'm so glad you've decided to do something about it...good luck! :smile:
  9. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Oh, please, please, please do something! Be brave. You are doing the right thing.
  10. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

People who abuse animals make me sick. :yuk:

Abusing animals should be a crime.

Atleast animals are loyal, unlike humans. :dry:

Animal abusers are total idiots.
  11. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

People that abuse animals for pleasure are just a step away from killing people. On my street there was a terriable murder. The guy raped and killed his wife. I know the him and his brother took pellet gut at duck and even poisoned them.

Plus many of the notorius serial-killers started off killing animal.

Also on the 9-11 report; the highjackers at the terrorist camps trained on killing animals to get used to killing people.

It is no laughing matter. It is a serious problem.
  12. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

You need to be careful that you don't get caught. If you give them to your friends and the dogs are chipped then you are looking at getting in to trouble for theft.

If RSPCA don't do anything then take matters in to your own hands.

Report them to environmental health for the noise also. I'm sure your other neighbours would back up the allegations.
    It is so wrong when people abuse animals. They should be abused in the same way. I got my cat from RSPCA shelter and think he was abused he cowers when people are shouting at each other.

If people who mistreated animals were treated the same way then I am sure people would stop!
  13. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Interesting that a thread on animal abuse gets twice as much attention as threads on human abuse.
  14. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Not really, if you think about it this entire boards mainly focused on human abuse..if you see what im saying =S
  15. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

do it but be careful. i have done similar many times even with big animals like horses. you are doing the right thing
  16. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

A lot of people will donate to things like RSPCA or similar things but not to things that support women against domestic abuse etc. There are many centres that support these women that are closing down as lack of abuse. I don't think that many people are aware that not all these projects are funded by the government. There is some good psychological study there I think about why people donate to some things and not others. Maybe people feel that other people can do somethings to get themselves out of the situation.

While I was in Australia I did work for a charity well wasn't really a charity but a call centre that ran raffels for charities and it was my job to call and sell tickets. I was amazed that people would donate more to things like Retired Guide Dogs and RSPCA (and similar animal charities) than other charities that provide counselling and also researched things like sudden infant death syndrome and provided counselling to parents it had affected.
  17. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

This topic will be continued in "Animal Abuse is Abuse too: Part 2" as I want to start a new thread for what has happened.
  18. coldfish

coldfish New Member

Good Luck

I would also do a background check just to be careful and also gather the greatest amount of documented evidence as possible.

People like them usually do fuck up stuff so I'm pretty sure you'll find some dirt and with the evidence in your hand it gives you greater, ... you got the point.

And it goes to everyone is the GOOD people that by doing nothing at all let the EVIL set free, so I'm really glad that you are acting.
  19. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Mistreatment is mistreatment.
    Violence is violence.
    I say tose who hurt other creatures freely, be prepared for backdraft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.