Animal kingdom poss trigg

This thought occured to me yesterday;
In the animal kingdom, when mating occures, its the female that controls WHEN mating happens.
The male's have to put on teh show, make teh effort, try and prove they are worthy to mate with. and the females dictate if that male is good enough.

Switch to humans;

Girls (nowadays) are going around (generally) dressed in little to nothing, throwing themselves at any man they feel is slightly good looking, unless they dont pull anything and get wasted and then go home with anything. (I am basing this off interactions i see daily around the city i am in, and what has happened generally through my life)
And then, of course, in the worst cases,
The men choose when to ahve sex. and by this, i mean forced sex.
Which happens all the time.

Just made me sick to think about all this.
And sadly its true. -.-
Fuck the world.

My boyfriend isn't having forced sex :? Infact, he's not even getting it despite him begging for it. He'll get it when i'm ready.
If you actually compare the woman going round trying to pull, to prehaps the woman you dont see out, you'll see not every female does that.

nolonger

If I went to a club/pub etc in the city somewhere I'd probly see some of this happening. But I guess that's what night clubs and that kind of crap are all about, random sex and pointless hook-ups? Although I don't bother going out anywhere(for a few reasons), and relationships seem 'stupid'? Probly not the best word, but I can't think of anything else :laugh:.

The general society's 'norm' of either having a partner or constantly 'going out' to find one seems hilarious to me. It makes me cringe when people constantly try to 'find' someone. I don't know what all the fucking hype is about :blink:.

bhawk

your not 100% correct, dolphins and apes are known to rape/ gang rape females, drakes force sex onto the hen ducks and often nearly drown them in the process. Ferrets are quite violent during sex, dragging the female around by biting on her neck and knocking her off walls along the way, funnily enough if they dont do this the female is less likely to get pregnant (something ive never understood myself)

I have yet to see any trait us humans have that animals dont have, we are not unique in the animal world, we are nothing but animals ourselves.

Was talking generally -.-
And i also wasnt saying every man rapes. was just an observation of the human spiecies taking what it wants.
Women can rape too.

either way, i just wanted to get my thoughts out of my head.
Sorry for not being 1000% correct and accurate, and for generalising, and not covering everything -.-

Rayne

Most birds and monkeys tend to have the male "forcing" himself on the female. A dogs penis is specially designed so that the female cannot get away without hurting herself. I think you're being too general.

Anyway, if women want to do that, its their choice, but I know plenty of men who aren't getting any.

Anyway, animals only have sex. We have relationships.
I don't tend to concern myself with girls who throw themselves at people. I don't want to, so I don't and avoid people who do. Simples.
Though lots of people assume I sleep around because I wear mini-skirts on a daily basis. Nevermind the fact that I have a boyfriend whom I both adore and am adored by. Peh.

Socialman

Is it odd that the girls I like are not trying to get into my pants? I don't like girls that want sex early in a relationship. It just seems too clingy or like some flawed attempt to help their self-esteem.

Isabel

Staff Alumni
Anyway, animals only have sex. We have relationships.
Many animals do have relationships, complex social interactions and even form stable couples. For example, some species of parrots are notorious in being very specific on the choice of their mates and establish long term and very affectionate bond.

mulberrypie

but dont those flirty girls still choose who they flirt w based on intelligence, physical appearance,confidence, pre selection etc? so we are still choosing? lol they may seem only slightly attractive based on our tastes, or the desperation of the girls

i think rape is a diff matter altogether. as i understand, its more about power or anger than sexu a l attraction

Rayne

Many animals do have relationships, complex social interactions and even form stable couples. For example, some species of parrots are notorious in being very specific on the choice of their mates and establish long term and very affectionate bond.
I honestly can't compare that to a human relationship, to be honest. I understand that some animals do this (mostly seems to be birds?) but I don't personally think it's the same.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00