Animals and their young

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Do animals feel any emotions towards their young? Do they "love" their babies? Like the creatures do in the Walt Disney movies or other cartoons and movies. Or do we really as a species just need to, or are made to believe that they do?

Is it all insticnt for them? To feed and protect their young until they are ready to leave on their own. To supply them with shelter. To teach them the necessary skills to be able to survive and continue a species.

If it is all instinct then I'm nothing better than an animal. For such a long time now all I can manage is "instinctive" measures for and towards my children. My young. And even those basics I'm failing to meet.

I hate me as a mom. I feel as if I've failed horribly at my responsibilities. And because of my failures my children are doomed to suffer. I'm just so tired and drained. I cant even care for myself lately. I'm nothing but a caregiver to my children.

If animals are capable of feeling love for their young, then there isnt much hope left for mine or me. I'm just doing what I need to get them by. How much more pathetic can a creature be?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are giving them love you are giving them time you are giving them understanding more than any other has. you are a great mom and the hell with any one that says differently. Animals take care of their young and when one dies they cry stay by its side and feel pain we are animals science says so but we never abandon our young never and we do what it takes to give the support so they can survive on their own thats all we can do. you are a great mom Carla a wonderful person

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I was struggling with what to say and then I read violets post and Carla she said it all! She really did and I hope you can let these words inside your heart hun as I know you are in such pain. Please know that if I could take away that pain and put it upon myself I would. But I can't...all I can do is let you know you are not alone, that I am here for you and that I care.
    Your tired and drained and that is okay. Being a good mom is hard work and you have been at it pedal to the metal for a long time so please be more gentle with yourself. You are so tender to all here so please turn that love inward to yourself...you are so deserving although I am sure you don't feel that way.
    It is so hard to know what to say as I want very much to have healing words for you but I struggle. I hope you know I care and am here for you...please write back or PM me as I truly care...be gentle and loving to YOU...you have earned that love.
    Hugs B

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with both violet and bambi....
    your children want you there no matter what carla and you would give them more than you realize...
    the fact that you are still here looking after them says you are a good mother...
    with all the struggles you have you are still there for them....
    give yourself some credit ok.....
    :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.