Animals which you saw wild on nature

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by sammakko, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

This is real life guestion. Which wild animals you have seen on nature?

My greatest experience was wolverine. It just walked same path on swamp and one moment we both just look like "what? here is traffic on my path". Then I scared first it will kill my dog because my dog was not leash and run after it. But wolverine just turn back, run and climp on tree. That was heck awsome. Later I had to go look at wolverines tracks again.

Then I have seen some big birds. Once I saw hawk when it landed to get something near at me. I saw it's back so clearly, it was so close at me.

There is more but those are greatest ones.
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think I saw a raccoon once. I definitely saw a small snake.
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i've seen some koalas, lots and lots of kangaroos, lots of galahs, cockatoos, various parrots and finches and sparrows and birds i dont know the names of -- there's a bird nest in the wisterias outside the bathroom, i used to stand in my bathroom brushing my teeth watching the mother bird feed her babies... a wedge-tailed eagle, it's mate and baby (it was amazingly beautiful -- they roost in a big tree next door), kookaburras, several wombats, i've seen snakes too (i'm pretty sure that one of them was a western brown snake), an echidna that burrowed under the house, blue-tongued lizards, lots of skinks (they're cute little things!!), a wallaby, some wild deer... ummm... ooh yeah, lots of frogs -- i saved one that fell into our pool filter once. do yabbies count? if so then yeah, i've seen them too... rabbits -- they're plaguing everywhere -- foxes... ummm... possums, iguanas... i got treated to seeing a sugar glider once when i went hiking. THAT was beautiful.

do insects count? i saw a caterpillar making a cocoon too... it was pretty cool.

if you hadnt figured i spend a lot of time outdoors.
  4. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

A think the neatest I've seen wild were a water mocassain (a sort of snake), a bald eagle, a wild boar and a coyote. I stepped on a big black scorpion once, but I was thankfully wearing shoes, and I've seen several black widows and brown recluse spiders.

We also used to have tarantulas crawl onto our playground when I was living in the American southwest.
  5. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Wild Boar - I was on a family holiday in Sachsen, which was the border of East Germany and the north of Czechoslovakia. In the woods I came across this Wild Boar, I was so petrified I couldn't move, it must have been 3 times the size of me. I slowly climed a tree and waited for it to go.
  6. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Huge experinces

Hope many many more
  7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I saw a Fox. He watches me for some seconds from being a tree. Then he ran away.
  8. Robin

Robin Guest

Little gits are noisy bastards round here lol I'd leave food out for them but the rats would get fat lol
  9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I've seen very many kinds of animals in wildlife.
    Moose, reindeer, foxes, bald eagles, galahs, kookaburras and cookatoos (Australia) kangaroos, a wallaroo, different snakes, koalas (I held one once, I've got a pic, but that was in a wildlife park. I've seen them wild as well), dolphins, a wolf, beavers...

One of the most odd moments of my life was when my brother opened the door of the cabin we lived in while in Australia. It was sunrise somewhere in the forest down under, and a wild emu was standing in front of us begging for bread. I was nine, my bro was about turning twelve. That emu walked into the house (!!!!) I fed it with an apple (dad's got a pic, haha) the bird was taller than me, and bit my finger while trying to catch that apple slice. I still have a scar.

I haven't seen any kind of bear yet, though.
  10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have seen a wide variety of animals. But out of all of them the most I have seen are deer. Especially when I ran into one last fall.

I have seen coyotes, fox, wolves, Bald Eagles, Hawks, wild turkies, pheasant, squirrel, possum, racoon, rabbit, I think that is it. lol
  11. shades

shades Staff Alumni

The scariest animal I've seen on a nature show was a MAN WITH A RIFLE!

Many more, but the up-close encounters were the most interesting:

1) A deer that came up over a ridge and ran along side my car at about 40 mph
    2) A bear that came up on our porch at a cabin about 10 feet away...we both ran in the opposite direction :laugh:
    3) A mountain lion that stalked me in some tall brush at a campground and came out just a few feet away...I backed away, facing it and it never came any closer...very frightening!
  12. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

13. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Someone has re-introduced deer to the North Shore of Long Island and I see them when I go to Caumsett state park. I see red tailed hawks, especially in the mid island area. In my neighborhood, there are raccoons 'a plenty- I have to dodge them when running at night and I occasionally see a red fox.

Owls too. I don't know exactly what type but they are BIG and sound strange when they take off. Oh, various harmless little garter and corn snakes also.
  14. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I forgot- wild turkeys at Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt's house, Sagamore Hill in Oyster Bay. I've followed them with my cell phone taking pictures. They occasionally look back at me but seem completely unconcerned except for munching on the fallen apples next to the orchard house.
  15. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I hope this does not sound lame but as someone that has had the pleasure to work first hand with animals like lions, alligators, tigers, bears etc the one that I will never ever forget was coming around the corner of the barn where I kept my horses and seeing an albino male peacock in full display-he looked like a ghost and his beauty took my breath away...albino peacocks are rare and I have never seen another one since although I live around wild peacocks and see them daily.
  16. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

There's a porcupine that lives near my house.
  17. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

We used to have a family of Beavers down the road from our house when I was a little girl! XD I loved to go and watch them just swim around- and they always looked like they were so busy! :eek: I wonder if they ever take holidays?! lol

Living in northern Canada for most of my life I've seen loads of animals-- not exotic ones like lions and peacocks~ but black and brown bears, deer, moose, rattle snakes, lynx, a cougar! and lots of smaller life too. You'll run into wild animals all over the place as long as you aren't in the city.

My favourite animal visit was a red fox! They're so cute, but really meek!

The only animals you see in the city are squirrels and chipmunks- seagulls and pidgeons and there's loads of bunnies in the suburbs!
  18. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

oh i forgot -- i saw a whole heap of monkeys when i went to malaysia a few years ago... it was incredibly cool -- i even got close enough to get a decent picture.
  19. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Mainly deer. But when I was a teen, there was an albino chipmunk in my parents' driveway that would take food from our hands.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.