Annoyed with aggressive drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I dislike rudeness in general, but lately I have been bothered by people who drive aggressively. A few days ago, I was walking to work, and I always look all ways before I cross the street. Then someone was suddenly behind me, and they were honking just as I was starting to cross. I went back to the other side of the road and let them pass, since they seemed to be in such a hurry. Today at the store, a woman kept honking at me, right when I started putting groceries in the trunk. I figured she wanted to park there, but it was ridiculous because I had just gotten out of the store! Then we were waiting for my mom to come out of the store, and she honked some more. Then she drove by in a huff and almost sideswiped people. She parked somewhere nearby, and it was idiotic that she was rushing us when we were clearly not ready to leave, only to park somewhere a few spots away. Do any of you ever deal with drivers like this, and if so, what is the best way to handle them?

Do any of you ever deal with drivers like this
All to often, I'm afraid

what is the best way to handle them?
That's a good question. I find the problem of dealing with assholes in general to be very difficult.

Trying to avoid people like this in the first place is one answer.

It may help to realize that these people are just looking for someone to attack, so please don't feel as if you are at fault.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
My mom was like "You should have just flipped her off" and I said she would have just run me over. :P I can't always avoid people like that, but I can do my best not to antagonize them.

"You should have just flipped her off" and I said she would have just run me over. :p I can't always avoid people like that, but I can do my best not to antagonize them
Idk...I think there's kind of a balance. On the one hand, you don't want things to escalate. On the other, it's good to let out what you are feeling.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
It may be my perverse nature...but when people honk at me in parking lots I just take my time and ignore them...and when had a huge car (1969 two door) found with tailgaters discovered just had to tap brakes and go really slow and they backed off...as they were driving much smaller cars...not really mature or admirable perhaps but made me feel better...lol...

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Another thing I hate is when I am walking on the sidewalk, and some idiots decide to drive by fast when there's puddles on the road, and I end up getting splashed all over. I just had a shower, I don't need another one lol.

JulieDegraw

Another thing I hate is when I am walking on the sidewalk, and some idiots decide to drive by fast when there's puddles on the road, and I end up getting splashed all over. I just had a shower, I don't need another one lol.
That is just plain rude and inconsiderate. A bus did that to me once. luckily i saw it coming and jumped like an antilope on the African savanna lol

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
And if you flip them off, you can always say that you have rigor mortis in your finger, LOL. Okay, enough undead jokes for now :P

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Another thing is people who don't look behind them when they back up. Some guy backed into us today because he wasn't watching what he was doing. He claimed that he already thought we had pulled up. Not that difficult to turn your head and make sure the coast is clear. It was just a bump, there was no damage to the vehicle, and it could have been a lot worse. But damn, that still really annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00