Annoyed, yet mistaken for being jealous

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stuckinchicago6, Oct 25, 2009.

1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

O.K. I have been dumped, I feel nasty. School does not give me any time for ME! This weekend one of my papers received recognition and nobody cared, yet they will google over pictures of my cousin's thirteen year old daughter like she is the greatest thing to have ever happened. Naturally, at this point in my life, when I am feeling insecure, I do not want to see my mother and grandmother going crazy over some girl's picture who is 8 years younger than me. Then I think about my ex who was three years younger than me (18.. im 21) and he is probably with some much younger girl now. Now age is unimportant because I think some older people can look better than people who are like 5 or 10 years their junior... However, I think about my younger self and it bothers me. Back when people would still go crazy over how grown up I was and how beautiful... Before the stressfulness of college and the emptiness of being an adult but still having zero real freedom...It is like I went from being about 16 (five years ago) and being told I was too young to being in my 20s and automatically expected to be an adult only I still have to listen to B.S.... Nobody goes crazy over me anymore and tells me what a beautiful girl I am. Nobody cared about the recognition I received.....They only care about this up and coming girl. I know I was being mean, but I sarcastically said to my mother that she was not that cute (which is just my opinion---because this little girl is really rude too) and she told me to stop being jealous. O.K. I admit that I am jealous of the fact that people are paying somebody else attention, but it is so mean of her to tell me I am jealous.... Mostly, I am annoyed.. To be told by my mother that I am jealous of a 13 year old is such a blow. She even told my grandmother... Now I am just the old maid hag who is jealous of this young,beautiful in their opinion girl.. I guess they wanted me to act like I was about 50 and start complimenting the picture like crazy too. SORRY PEOPLE! I AM DEPRESSED. I DONT CARE ABOUT LITTLE GIRLS, I DONT CARE ABOUT HOW CUTE DOGS ARE, AND I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED ON THE HILLS.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good venting i hope it helped. I would leave your paper of recognition somewhere your parents will see it or better yet show it to them in person and say to them how proud you are of you for doing so well. It is hard having to leave home and get out there in the grown up world the stresses can be many
    I hope you feel better today and congratulations on doing so well on your paper
    keep up the good work I am sure they are very proud of you.

3. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Thank you..