Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by srhx, Aug 27, 2016.

1. srhx

srhx Member

So I've posted a bunch about how I'm coping with a recent breakup and I feel like I'm getting obnoxious about it but I'm so annoyed by him lately that I want to scream.

I deleted him off of snapchat so I don't have to see his stories all the time which has helped a ton, but recently he's been posting a bunch about all these good things that are happening to him and today he said something about how he's really feeling all the positivity that's been coming his way the past few weeks. Now, I don't wish bad things on anyone obviously, but it seems like he's trying to rub it in my face that he's perfectly okay without me.

I don't understand how someone so awful can still have good things happen to them. It makes no sense. I'm over here holding myself together with tape and glue and just trying to get through the week and he's perfectly fine. We haven't spoken in a while and I was pretty happy up until I saw that, now I'm like wtf. But that's probably what he wants. There's also family stuff going on that's piling on to this so I'm ready to burst.

I'm taking myself to see a movie tonight so I guess that's a step in the right direction. There's really no point to this post, I just wanted to get it out before I exploded.
    moxman likes this.
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Listen that is perfectly fine. We are here to help you. If helping you , means you blowing off steam; then by all means let it all out. I don't care, if you create a 1000 threads of you ranting and raving, as long as we are helping you, that is all that matters.

The ONLY thing I want is for you to be happy.

We are here for you.

Take Care of Yourself (What movie are you going to see? Now I am just curious lol)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, It's great to air your thoughts no matter what they are. He's happy and rubbing it in your face? That's not very nice. Ignore him and enjoy the movies hun, come back and tell us about the movie when it is over!! :)

We're always here if you need to get something off of your chest!
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Any reason why you are looking at his posts?

Simply click unfollow. You don't have to know anything about him. Moving on without reminders of him is pretty much straihtfowarded. Blaze your own chapter and enjoy your life as everyday is a new day for you.
  5. srhx

srhx Member

Seeing his posts was an accident. I only have him on Facebook now because he still has some of my things and has yet to send them to me. He doesn't live in the states and is only here for a couple more months so that is the only way I can contact him. I've mentioned it a few times already and as I'm trying to have as limited contact as possible right now, I don't want to say anything again for a while. Usually it wouldn't bother me because I know he's just doing it to try and get under my skin, but like I said, I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so I just kinda boiled over. I came here to vent so I didn't end up messaging him out of anger and ruining the small progress I've made.
  6. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

I feel like you did the right thing.

Take Care
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Venting is good. Unfollow on FB is one way to avoid reading it by accident.

Not attacking you at all just don't take it personally or be on the defense. I am sorry if you felt this was an attack on your actions when someone gives some feedback you didnt like. You dont have to like all of them or expect everyone to give you sympathy. Totally understand how frustrating it is to use FB and seeing others happy moments. Take care
  8. srhx

srhx Member

I do have him muted, like I said it was an accident. Definitely wasn't taking it personally at all.