Annoyed

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Haru, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Haru

Haru New Member

Okay, sorry if I don't make sense since I surf on SF only on phone ahaha.^^;;

So it's about Grade results and I kinda get frustrated when people are SO DISAPPOINTED when they get an A/B/C grade since if it's above D+, you're already meeting the requirement for the next subject in College.

I still don't understand why people cry over it? e.g. "I got an A on this?!" /Initiate crying and end of the world phase

Why can't they accept the grades? I mean if they think an A/B/C grade is bad what about D/E/F/etc?!
    I feel so mocked... I appreciate the grades I got but I'm not specially
    gifted to obtain all A's in my work since getting an A/B here is ridiculously hard enough... I'm not jealous since I tried my very best too...

I understand if they need it for certain subject BUT ALL OF THEM?!?

i'm just so confused, depressed and everything...

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I think your last line is the one that told me the most...when you feel comfortable, plez tell us what is going on and I will promise we will not grade your post...welcome again

3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean 100%. in my town there is a HUGE pressure on teens to get good grades. It's like if you're not in Honor and AP classes you're stupid. I know kids who get upset at getting a 98% instead of 100% on a test. And in New England there is the expectation that you will go on to college. It's unusual here if you don't go to college. And if go to community college you're stupid.

I think I feel like you about all of this. I do my best and if I don't get an A, then so be it. I'm not going to stress myself out over a grade or a class. I really don't think it's worth it.