anonymous college website

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIS

On this anonymous website for my school, somebody posted this. It made me feel horrible about my body, considering now that guys are walking around thinking I'm fat because I fit into one (1) of the categories below....what do you think...is this an accurate portrayal of what overweight really is? or less attractive than ideal?

"stop asking us if we think you're fat... yes, you're a fat girl if you:

1. are larger than a size 6
2. if you wear shorts or a skirt and there is visible cellulite on your thighs.
3. you dont own low cut jeans because your love handles stick out and over your jeans
4. you have arms with a circumference larger than below your calves.
5. you try to convince others that you wear those loose shirts that make all girls look pregnant because its trendy, not because you're trying to hide your fat
6. you cant pull off a two piece bikini because your profile reveals the bumps/rolls in your lower abdomen
7. weigh more than 125 at 5'5 - the avg height of women

now hit the gym, you're young- its not a big deal, you can lose the extra weight more quickly than an older woman."

Uggh...

aki

:ohmy: wow that really shocked me.
what a viscious thing to write, no wonder so many girls develop eating disorders
what horrible, pathetic, shallow people those that wrote this must be.

Last edited by a moderator:

weegee

humm thats strange. i dont know if its a british thing(where all freaks here) but i dont like skinny girls, i like girls with a bit of fat on them :biggrin: so dont feel bad because even thougth you think guys are looking at you in discust a good portion of then like the way you look(and trust me on that).

G

ggg456

That sounds fucking offensive. Try and not pay attention to idiots like that. I bet they won't be in a loving relationship ever and look at women as sex objects and bodies to own.

I mean honestly, who would want to be in a relationship with a man who writes or thinks like that? Who do they think they are? They are obviously using 'fat' as tool of control and don't understand when girls ask if they are fat, fat means a lot more things than just physical 'fat.' And no, I've never had an eating disorder because of people like that who really want make me want to punch something or someone (them) :dry:

Anime-Zodiac

The words Pathetic and Shallow come to mind.
Don't pay any attention to this sort of nonsense. People are entitled to their own opinions and thoughts off course but that's all it is, some one(s) opinion

VALIS

good points from all of you. thanks for making me feel better about myself...its a shallow culture; people out here are constantly working out and comparing themselves, and sorority girls....well, you know that's a whole separate mess.
ggg as always you make a really good point...they are using fat as a tool of control over women because they know we're so susceptible to it

thanks everybody. sometimes i feel very alone here!! and its always great to hear from a guy that he doesn't like 'perfect' bodies, i know men like that truly do exist. just the thought of criticism alone, though- the eyes on you.

Carcinogen

That's bollocks, it equates to a bmi of 20.5, a healthy bmi is 20-25, so you can carry a good few more pounds than that and still be healthy and not fat.

I liked that point about fat as a tool of control. It's very true.

Allo..

fooken hell,
you should write one about guys.
i expect the person who wrote that is probably far out of the uncompassionate range of a good looking guy.

Hazibell

pmsl wowwwww i fit 0 of them!!!
as much as i fit those bikinis lol
hah and im taller than that too!
wowwww are all the girls at your school like stepford wives or have like 19 children? lol

Esmeralda

On this anonymous website for my school, somebody posted this. It made me feel horrible about my body, considering now that guys are walking around thinking I'm fat because I fit into one (1) of the categories below....what do you think...is this an accurate portrayal of what overweight really is? or less attractive than ideal?

"stop asking us if we think you're fat... yes, you're a fat girl if you:

1. are larger than a size 6
2. if you wear shorts or a skirt and there is visible cellulite on your thighs.
3. you dont own low cut jeans because your love handles stick out and over your jeans
4. you have arms with a circumference larger than below your calves.
5. you try to convince others that you wear those loose shirts that make all girls look pregnant because its trendy, not because you're trying to hide your fat
6. you cant pull off a two piece bikini because your profile reveals the bumps/rolls in your lower abdomen

now hit the gym, you're young- its not a big deal, you can lose the extra weight more quickly than an older woman."

Uggh...

Do you know why this was posted anonymously? Because the boys who did it are such pieces of shit that if anyone actually knew who they were, they would never have another date again. Here's a list for them (mind you, these things, like the things in the above post, are not true, just some things to make those guys as self-conscious as they have made you):

You are a loser if:

1.) Your penis weighs less than one kilogram
2.) Your penis is less than 8 inches long when fully erect
3.) Your penis is less that 5 inches in circumference
4.) Your penis looks like a penis (ew)
5.) You have ever named your penis (you are even more of a loser if you call your penis "little....(insert your first name here)"
6.) You have ever named your penis "big....(insert your first name here)"
7.) You have to think about something else while you're having sex so you don't prematurely ejaculate (and by prematurely, I mean in less than 45 minutes)
8.) Your partner doesn't say "Holy shit that's the biggest one I've ever seen in my life!"

And finally,

9.) You measured your penis after reading this list.

You're young, get a penile implant or just cut it off already and reconcile yourself with the fact that you're a girl.

Fuck those idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

man

5in diameter hahaha that would suck

I'm a 19 year old male and I couldn't tell you how big sizes are in womens clothes, strange that he knows that kind of stuff?

Anyways physical atractiveness is so important these days its strange. I think that lots of guys go with the flow and just look for perfection. Well all the girls I have ever been with wouldnt be seen in bear comercials but I still found them hot. Just don't worried about guys who think your ugly because more thean likely someone finds you good looking, or they might just find you awesome, keep it up

I would like to encourage guys to go for what they like I feel like so many guys are affected by bull shit like what their friends think or what TV tells them is hot just go for what YOU like

meagainstme

oh my gosh!
thats given me a sick feeling in my stomach. some ppl are so ****ing rude!!!

please dont listen to what them a$$holes say! they are obviously imbeciles and their opinion is not worth knowing.

VALIS

Wow this post is still going strong....glad other people are indignant as well.

some people could never diet their way out of those categories- that's why we're not the same, we have different body shapes and that's cool. But as far as the perfect body I wish it was seen more as, what size you are when you're healthy yet not obsessed with your weight, and you're wearing clothes that look good for your body. Not how well you fit a checklist or look like the $&$%ing television/movie body ideals.

It seems like women are pitted against each other, compared by men and in a perpetual battle to be as pretty as the next girl.

I am getting angry lately, having lost 14 lbs these past 5 months from running, I just feel like its all I think about. It's not fair, it's a cycle where most guys talk shit and seem to prefer girls who are super thin, yet when girls focus on weight and appearance it puts them at an intellectual disadvantage because they aren't doing anything else!! Thus we get nowhere. I wish more men saw through this and wanted to help women feel beautiful instead of judging, pressuring and trying to control us by valuing our looks while trying to make money themselves in order to buy the best looking woman.

And I'm not even a feminist. It's just getting to me that much. it's so hard for me to be emotionally healthy in this environment. It's a total mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00