Anorexia and Bulimia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Atheist Demon, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Does anyone suffer from any eating disorder? I decided to be anorexic, (which is unheard of for an African American male). I haven't devoured anything in two and a half days. I know it is extremely unhealthy, but I think it is the ONLY way. I hate that I have very little energy, but at least I don't feel hungry, cause my meds were making me gain a lot of weight.

EDIT: I returned after my attempt, I had to go to a treatment facility, thanks to everyone who PM'd me.

2. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

sorry if this sounds harsh, but i don't think anyone chooses to have an eating disorder. if you've just not eaten in 2 and a half days that doesn't mean you've got an eating disorder - it's just damaging your health. you may have disrodered eating, but an eating disorder is a mental illness, caused by so many different things, not just because you need to lose a few pounds.

i'm sorry about your attempt
    i hope you don't feel the need to do that again
    :hug: pm me if you ever need to talk x

3. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to agree with Locket. "Decided" was probably not the way you meant it, but again, it's not really a choice. You also started this two and a half days ago, which means you're not already in over your head. You can stop this. I wouldn't exactly refer to this as an eating disorder, but this post was a while ago so I truly hope you have reconsidered that decision since then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.