Another anniversary

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by carebear32, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

I know it's been 12 years and I really should have gotten passed it already, but having kept it to myself for so long, it's still in my head. In about 2 weeks is the anniversary of the first time I was raped. That one was the most complicated I think, which could be part of the problem.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No one just gets passed it hun no way but with therapy one can learn to cope to heal I hope you are surrounded by friends hun who can support you on that date hugs

3. Jaimeisbroken

Jaimeisbroken Well-Known Member

carebear32, I don't think there is a timeline for getting over stuff like this. I think we are all aloud to get over this stuff at our own pace. Sometimes the pace seems slow but it is OUR pace and no one else's.

I am thinking about you and I hope that day will not be too stressful on you.

4. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

:hug: Carebear, I like to hope that it gets easier in time.

As Jamieisbroken said, there is no time line for healing. Everyone heals in their own time and in their own way.

If you ever need someone to talk to, don't be afraid to post here, or send me a pm if you want. Make sure you take good care of yourself in this time.

5. carebear32

Actually, Total Eclipse I don't have any friends. The one friend I do have lives on the other side of the country.

Thank you to those who responded for caring :hug: you all.

6. StarsSeeker

StarsSeeker Member

Everyone needs his/her own amount of time to get past some things. Time will help it. Im sure. I think you really need therapy. This can be hard, trust me, I know. But Please try to get some help. It will be easier and youll be happy. :console:

7. carebear32

Thank you, Sweetea :hug: actually, I am in therapy I'm just petrified to bring it up again with my therapist. I mentioned it once, we went through some things for one session and it has never been mentioned again.

8. carebear32

Well, for this year's anniversary I put myself in hospital after another O.D. Something in me snapped and I couldn't handle it. I got out on Friday and am now back on my meds for the moment. I'm waiting to hear if my medical aid will pit my meds on chronic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.